Tuesday, April 27, 2021

John 9:39 - "Light of the World"


Last night at board meeting it hit me once again God has me here right now to lead the Beaufort Church of the Nazarene in His will. I was blessed Sunday when the majority of the people stood when I asked if they would support me through the process of growing our church. I am not as concerned about numbers in attendance as I am with spiritual growth in all of us. Everyone needs to grow in their spiritual walk. The way to see such growth is to seek more of Him. I read from one of Max Lucado's books last night to open board meeting. The topic 'mirrored' Sunday's sermon in us being a reflection of Christ. What would our life look like if we were to take on the heart of Christ? How would our priorities change? Would we be different in our attitudes? During the night God woke me three times to pray. Once was for some people going through 'tough' days to find His peace. The second time was to pray for His wisdom for some decisions I have before me. The third time was for His wisdom on how to lead the people God puts in my path. I prayed for not only His wisdom but His direction. This morning when I woke up He took me to John 9:39. I find it interesting how the Wednesday night Bible study group is discussing Jesus teaching in parables to make things clear to those who hear and then He brings this verse to me. I pray regularly for wisdom and direction on what and how to present what He desires people to hear. I was so excited yesterday morning when He gave me the May sermon series. He started by planting a seed into my mind last week but then yesterday morning it become a beautiful flower! Woo hoo! John 9:39 shows me exactly how to present what He gives me to share. It must be given in a way people can understand. It also must be given in a way people will desire to take it and live it out in life. We are all blind until we receive Him. The blind man who received sight in John 9 received more than his physical sight. He was spiritually healed. No one has to stay blind in their spiritual life. All we have to do is allow God to be the Light of the world. Once we accept Him, we need to seek more of Him every day so He can work in and through us. Sunday as I was sitting at the restaurant I looked up into the sky. The tree there is enormous with the limbs going out over a wide area. As I looked up, I felt the Lord's presence. I didn't think much of it at the time but now two days later I realized what He said to me. "I desire to be the Light shining through." Wow, God! Just as the light was shining through the limbs and leaves He desires to shine through me. He desires to shine through all of us. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities to pray throughout the night! Thank You for John 9:39 that You took me to this morning! Thank You for bringing Your words back to me from Sunday afternoon! Woo hoo! I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin! What a way to start off my day! You amaze me so much! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May Your love ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way throughout today. May people see/hear You instead of me. Lord, I pray for many during the night who are going through 'tough' times. May You give peace to Little Ivy's family, Pastor Karen's family, June's family, and others who are watching their loved ones suffer. Once again, I pray for Your wisdom for decisions in my personal life and in the life of the church. I love how You speak to me! I love the relationship I have with You! I love hearing Your voice and walking in obedience to it! Lord, bless the day ahead for me. May Your words flow from me with everyone You put before me. Thank You for my friend Kim who stayed with my Momma last night! Thank You for Rickey who encourages me greatly! Thank You for being the Light of My World! Amen.

No comments: