Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Psalm 145:17-21 - "Talking to Jesus"

Today is a bittersweet day. It was six months ago today Mordecei took his last breath on this earth. I miss his companionship so much but I know he lived a great life and is no longer in pain. He was with me through many valleys in life. He was with me for eleven plus years with MS exacerbations. I remember the last major one in 2015 walking with him beside me as I pushed the rollator down the sidewalk. I was determined I would get back to walking on my own. Mordecei also traveled with us to see many mountains around the United States. Before he was one year old he swam in the Atlantic Ocean, walked in Nashville, saw the Grand Canyon, the beauty of Vail Colorado...the list goes on and on. When we would visit my Daddy in his last months, Mordecei would stay right beside him. He sensed something was going on. It was eight years ago today that my Daddy took his final breathe on this earth. It was a day of great sorrow yet I know the angels were rejoicing. It was a 'tough' day for me in so many ways. I not only lost my Daddy but I lost my greatest encourager. He would call me every day to check on me and tell me he loved me. If I were having a 'tough' day, he would tell me it was ok to rest but I had to get up. He always said, 'if you don't lose it, you will lose it.' I wish my Daddy could see me now. I wish he could see where I am in life and what I'm doing. I am so thankful for all the memories I have growing up with him. My Momma worked nights a lot as a nurse so my Daddy and I would have the evenings together. Going to the Orr Park for him to umpire ball games on week nights and then to the car races on the weekends was a typical summer schedule. What a fun life I had! In the spring before ball games started we attended every revival he could find to attend. He taught me how to do so much throughout the years but one thing in particular was how to love on people. My Daddy was known for giving hugs to anyone he met. If he were alive during COVID, he  would have been crushed. He was also known for making food when someone was sick, going to calling hours for people we didn't even know, loving to laugh and have fun...once again the list goes on and on. Today is a day of rejoicing for so many reasons. One is my Daddy is no longer in pain and suffering. Another is today marks twenty-seven years since my MS diagnosis and I am so blessed with the way God continues to give me His strength. He fills me to overflowing with mental, emotional, financial, physical, and most of all spiritual strength every day. I have said it before and I will say it again. I am one blessed lady! Woo hoo! My earthly Daddy taught me so much about life but the most important thing he taught me was to love my Heavenly Daddy with my whole heart and allow Him to love through me. My friend Patricia shared the song Talking To Jesus with me during the night. These words touch my heart...

There's no wrong way to do it
There's no bad time to start
It don't have to sound pretty
Just tell him what's on your heart
Cause it's not a religion
Cause it's more like a friendship
Just talk to your Father
Like you are his kid

Just start talking to Jesus
Just start talking to Jesus
You can talk to Jesus
Whenever you like

Talking to Jesus is the only way to live. If I didn't have Him, my life would be so different. He hears my cries of the hurts of my heart. He hears the joy I experience daily. He hears my dreams. Plain and simple. He hears me. What is really cool is I hear Him too. I not only hear Him but I walk in obedience to Him. Woo hoo! Psalm 145:18 reads in the New International VersionThe Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. I praise His Holy Name my parents taught me how to live for the Lord. I know one of the reasons my relationship with my Heavenly Daddy is so good is because my relationship with my earthly Daddy was so good.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the way You love on me so well! Thank You for the memories I have to hang onto in the day ahead! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Lord, my prayer list is so long. I know I do not need to repeat each name but Father I want to lift up: Little Ivy's family as she has been hospitalized again; Pastor Karen for healing from the COVID; my friend Elizabeth; my dear Momma as today will be a 'tough' day and she isn't feeling well herself; all of my family as today is bittersweet in knowing my Daddy is with you yet we miss him so much; and so many others. I also pray for those who did not/do not have a good relationship with their earthly Daddy to find Your peace. Lord, be greater than the hurts of our hearts. Thank You for my time with Nancy, Carol, and Paula yesterday! Thank You for the rest You provided yesterday and the way You are going before me with the prescription issue! Thank You for conversation with laughter last night with Rickey! Father, You are so good in providing exactly what I need when I need it. Thank You Jesus for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: