Thursday, October 1, 2020

Romans 15:13 - "My Hope Is In You"


I read where I wrote a few weeks ago how the season of cancer was over in our life. That statement was a lie in some respects. The season of cancer will remain due to it effecting every breathing moment of my days. Here I am a widow due to cancer. The life we thought we would live as we were to grow old together will never be. There will never be new memories to add. My husband will never have the opportunity to see our grand babies graduate high school, go to college, get married or have babies of their own. My heart is sad. It is broken. But it also is rejoicing for him as I know he now has a new body with no cancer. Sometimes it is hard to rejoice while still on earth yet that is what I am called to do. God reminded me this morning of His great love that gives me hope due to my faith. Romans 15:13 reads...

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (NIV)

Oh! May the God of green hope fill you up with joy, fill you up with peace, so that your believing lives, filled with the life-giving energy of the Holy Spirit, will brim over with hope! (MSG)

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. (NLT)

Paul's words encourage me to trust God and He will give me exactly what I need as I figure out this new life. They encourage me to allow the Holy Spirit to empower me so I will make decisions based on God's will. He will continue to be my source of hope as I lean into Him for His strength. He will continue to take my faith deeper as I continue to seek Him. He will continue to fulfill my needs as I live a life of surrender to Him. Plain and simple. He will continue to be exactly what I need to not just get through these days but to flourish through them. I am reminded this morning by a song Aaron Shust sings to keep my site on Him so His hope will be with me.

My hope is in You, Lord
All the day long, I won't be shaken by drought or storm
A peace that passes understanding is my song
And I sing my hope is in You, Lord

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the reminder of Your love, hope, and joy that is ready at all time to consume me! Thank You for Doc who loved me so much while on this earth! Thank You for my tribe who continue to love on me! Thank You for safe travels yesterday as I took Marlene to the airport, her safe travels home, and Elizabeth who went with me! Thank You for my visit with Carringtons and the hugs from all of them! Thank You for the Scentsy church they gave me! Thank You for the work done at the church building yesterday by Mike! Thank You for being with me last night! My life is full of gratitude for all the ways You bless me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray this morning for Your presence to be felt by: David Laurila; Mr Fran and his family; my sister Sally; Nichole; Donna as she helps Tim post-surgery; and so many others. May You put people in their lives that will speak life over them. Thank You Jesus for being My Source of Hope! Amen.

2 comments:

Aritha said...

I prayed for you.
I don't know what to say but I was thinking of you.

My Strength said...

thank you!