Tuesday, October 20, 2020

I Thessalonians 5:16-18 - "Keep Me In The Moment"


When Mordecei had me up during the night, the Lord had the words to the song Keep Me In The Moment that Jeremy Camp sings going through my mind...

Singing, oh Lord keep me in the moment
Help me live with my eyes wide open
'Cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)
Singing, oh Lord show me what matters
Throw away what I'm chasing after, 'cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)
Keep me in the moment, oh keep me in the moment
'Cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)

Yes! I do not want to miss any opportunity He puts before me. I do not want the events of life to take my focus off of Him. I was reminded on my zoom call last night of the words of I Thessalonians 5:16-18. They read in the New International VersionRejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

In The Message they read: Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.

Both of these give some absolutes. always...no matter what. continually...all the time. These mean when we stay focused on God He will give us exactly what we need to stay focused on Him. As we do, we will not miss opportunities He gives us to love with His love. We cannot allow the things that happen throughout the day to distract us from Him. We cannot allow the hurts of our heart to pull our focus from Him. When we do, we will miss what He desires of us. This is hard as a human being but it is not impossible to keep our focus where it belongs. I was reminded on the call last night to have gratitude and praise in my life. When we praise Him through the storms of life, we are rewarded with His love in abundance. As we praise Him He takes our focus off of our hurts and shows us others who need to experience His love through us. The more we praise Him, the more we are focused on others instead of ourselves. It truly is amazing what praising Him does for our spirits.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You love on me so greatly! Thank You for keeping my focus on You no matter what the events of today hold! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of You! Thank You for loving others through me! May You love through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. May all who see/hear me not see/hear me but You. May You be greater than the hurts of my heart. I pray for praises to flow from me as I seek to stay focused on You. Keep Me In The Moment is my prayer for the day ahead so I do not miss any opportunities You put before me. Oh how I wish Doc were with me today but he isn't. I pray Your strength will be mine throughout this day. I pray for Your comfort for the hurts of my heart. Thank You Jesus for being My Focus! Amen.


No comments: