Saturday, October 10, 2020

1 Chronicles 28 - "Yes I Will"

I had no sooner finished writing yesterday morning when I received a phone call that was the resolution to a major issue I am facing. God quickly reminded me of the words of the song He gave me just minutes before.

I count on one thing
The same God that never fails
Will not fail me now
You won't fail me now
In the waiting
The same God who's never late
Is working all things out
Is working all things out

Yes! Sometimes the waiting is longer than other times. Sometimes it feels like a situation will never be resolved. Sometimes one can begin to wonder if God is still listening to your prayers. Thankfully even in the 'sometimes' of life God is still with us. There are times He makes us wait on an answer to teach us a lesson. Other times He makes us wait to stretch our faith. No matter what, waiting is always what is best for us. When we seem to have one thing after another, we begin to question the 'whys' of life. It is ok to question God as long as we don't dwell on needing an answer. We must accept the fact He knows what is best. We also must realize people are watching us to see how we will react to life's situations. They want to see how deep our faith is or if we will manipulate situations to get the answers we desire. I am so grateful God is all I need. I am grateful He knows exactly what I need when I need it and provides. He is so awesome in the way He shows His love to me. He is not going to ever fail me. I was reading I Chronicles 28 this morning. As I read it, I thought about the parallel of this story and our story. David was called by God and felt his purpose was to build a temple for God. He became sick and was unable to accomplish that task. When he realized he was not going to be able to build the temple, he spoke to the people telling them his son Solomon was given the task. He spoke of the need for them to stay in relationship with God. Matthew Henry writes of his words:

David charged them to cleave stedfastly to God and their duty. We cannot do our work as we should, unless we put on resolution, and fetch in strength from Divine grace. Religion or piety has two distinct parts. The first is knowledge of God, the second is worship of God. David says, Know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and a willing mind. God is made known by his works and word. Revelation alone shows the whole character of God, in his providence, his holy law, his condemnation of sinners, his blessed gospel, and the ministration of the Spirit to all true believers. The natural man cannot receive this knowledge of God. But thus we learn the value of the Saviour's atonement, and of the sanctification of the Holy Spirit, and are influenced to walk in all his commandments. It brings a sinner to his proper place at the foot of the cross, as a poor, guilty, helpless worm, deserving wrath, yet expecting every thing needful from the free mercy and grace of God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. Having been forgiven much, the pardoned sinner learns to love much.

Yes! We must be relationship with Him so we can not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to Him. As we live such a life, He will empower us to do great things. David was a great king in his time. When he did things against God, he repented and was taken back into full relationship with God. He realized his time was drawing short in I Chronicles 28 and 'passed the torch on' so to speak to his son Solomon. When Doc left this earth, he 'passed the torch on' to me to continue the work here in Beaufort, SC. The building is getting close to being ready to open but that is not the most important thing that needs continued. The work in people's hearts is what I must concentrate on the most. Seeing people come into relationship with Jesus, being sanctified, and living in full relationship with Him is what is most important. Building relationships with people where they will see Him living in and through me is a must. Finishing the building was a dream Doc had. God had given him a vision of what the building was to look like and plans were drawn. I have the plans and Doc voiced many times the vision God had given him on how the building was going to touch lives through various ways. I continue to pray for God to give me physical, mental, and emotional strength through these days with not only the building project but most of all fulfilling the ministry vision He gave Doc and I. I am grateful for the words given to Solomon from David in verses twenty and twenty-one. 

Then David continued, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. He will see to it that all the work related to the Temple of the Lord is finished correctly. The various divisions of priests and Levites will serve in the Temple of God. Others with skills of every kind will volunteer, and the officials and the entire nation are at your command.”

They are similar to what Doc told me many times in his last few months. He encouraged me to stay with the ministry. He also told me many times I do not have to do anything on my own because God would provide people to encourage me and help me to do whatever He put before me. I am so thankful for the time we had those last few months to talk. Oh how I miss him being here with me doing life together. I may never understand the 'whys' of his illness and death but I don't have to. Instead I just need to realize God knows what is best. Perhaps it is best for me because my faith is being stretched. Perhaps it is best for someone else because they will see how I react to life and come into relationship with Him. No matter what the reason I know God is with me and will never leave me.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the reminder You will never leave me! Thank You for the way You give me clarity in my thinking as I continue to address the building rehab! Thank You for the memories of Doc sharing the vision You gave him for the church! Thank You for giving me what I need every day to continue on without him doing life with me! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May people desire to know You through me. I pray for two special Kim's in my life to have enjoyable days as they experience another wedding in their family. Kim Craigmyle and Kim Merrill. May their day be filled with lots of blessings from you. I also continue to pray for those who are dealing with illnesses especially those waiting on COVID19 test results and those who have received positive results. I pray for those effected by another hurricane to draw close to You. May You stay so close to all during these tough days. I pray for the work that will be done at the building today to glorify You and bring us a step closer to completion. Thank You Jesus for being My Greatest Encourager! Amen.

No comments: