Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Romans 8; Jeremiah 29:11 - "Another In The Fire"



I had a 'rough' night with little sleep and so much going through my mind. There are so many changes in my life with Doc's death. I had gone through many changes to life during the time of the cancer but now there are even more. I am grateful for God who encourages me as I make decisions. I also am grateful Doc and I talked through many things before he left. Of course there are many things we never thought to talk about that have come up like what all the keys he had are for! I am grateful for the way His presence encourages me. When I begin to feel like I am not sure what to do, He is there. This morning He woke me to the song "Another In The Fire" that Hillsong United sings. Part of it goes...

There is another in the fire
Standing next to me
There is another in the waters
Holding back the seas
And should I ever need reminding
What power set me free
There is a grave that holds no body
And now that power lives in me

And I can see the light in the darkness
As the darkness bows to Him
I can hear the roar in the heavens
As the space between wears thin
I can feel the ground shake beneath us
As the prison walls cave in
Nothing stands between us
Nothing stands between us


Yes! He is with me through this 'fire' with Doc's death. His power is mine as I allow Him to fill me with His Spirit. I will never be alone as long as I stay in right relationship with Him. I will never have to make one decision on my own with Him in charge of my life. My faith has grown so much over the last sixteen months and I know it will continue to blossom as I walk the road of being a widow. I was reading Romans 8 this morning. Verses fifteen through seventeen in The Message read:

This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It’s adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike “What’s next, Papa?” God’s Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what’s coming to us—an unbelievable inheritance! We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times with him, then we’re certainly going to go through the good times with him!

When Doc was doing life with me, this is the way we lived. We expected eternal life with our Heavenly Father because we lived for Him on this earth. Doc received that gift and I am going to make sure I continue the same path of obedience to His will so I will receive it too. What's next, Papa? I don't have to know the answer to that question but I do know no matter what is ahead He is with me. Whatever the enemy throws my way He will squash. Woo hoo! I love the encouragement Paul writes in verses twenty-six through twenty-eight.

Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

When I feel like I can't go on, He is right there. When I don't know how to pray, He is right there. This knowledge is priceless especially in the days I am experiencing. Four weeks ago this evening when Doc had the stroke was the beginning of the last chapter of life for us together on this earth. I am so thankful that chapter only lasted forty-eight hours. God showered him with his love and mercy. Doc would not have wanted to live in that manner. He did not like living where he was in bed most of the time, fatigued, and unable to do what he wanted to do. I know he especially would not have wanted to live unable to communicate or function. In verses twenty-nine and thirty Paul writes of how God planned our lives to begin in heaven for eternity when our physical bodies left this earth. What an awesome God we have! What an awesome plan for our lives when we allow His plan to be what we follow! My question will continue to be What's next, Papa? so my life will follow His plan as I walk in obedience to Him. Jesus set the example for us when He died on the cross. He listened and followed through what His Heavenly Father put before Him. I desire to do the same. I don't know what is ahead in this day nor the coming days but I know my Heavenly Father has everything under control. I do not have to know what is ahead but I must be ready for what He puts before me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the way You encourage me through these days of doing life without Doc! Thank You for the unknowns of life to me not being unknown to You! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. I continue to pray for physical healing in many. I pray for strength for: Mr. Fran; Nichole; Sharon's husband Richard; Donna; David Laurila; Martha; Amanda Flores; and so many others. May You be so very real to each one of them today. I pray for emotional, mental, and financial strength to be realized for many people but most of all I pray for spiritual strength to be realized by all. I pray for travel mercies today as I take Marlene Younger​ to the airport. Thank You for her being with me for this time! Thank You Jesus for being My Papa! Amen.

No comments: