Sunday, October 18, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "God's Not Done With You"


Last night was a typical Saturday night of praying for pastors but there was sure a lot more praying than normal. The Lord had me pray before going to bed and then woke me three times to pray. Before going to sleep I prayed for pastors who were preaching today to listen to be obedient with what God desired to be said. He had me pray for pastors who were obedient in preparing their sermon to once again be obedient when He changed it today. He had me pray for them to trust Him in the process. During the night when He woke me my prayers were directed to pastors who are discouraged and are thinking of leaving the ministry. It seems like this is where my prayers are taken for pastors more and more. It becomes overwhelming at times to have my prayers go to this place. I pray there are not a lot of pastors in this situation yet I know God directs my prayers in this manner often. Every time He woke me the words to God's Not Done With You were going through my mind.

God's not done with you
Even with your broken heart and your wounds and your scars
God's not done with you
Even when you're lost and it's hard and you've fallen apart

God's not done with you
It's not over, it's only begun
So don't hide, don't run
'Cause God's not done
With you, you.

There is definitely a theme that went along with my prayers. He desires to use us in mighty ways whether we are a pastor or a layman. He desires us to walk the road of obedience to His will and live out His love. We cannot allow the enemy one little opening into our life but instead need to stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. He reminded me this morning of II Timothy 1:7. We do not have to fear what will happen today or in the future but instead need to remember He is in control. Even when life seems to be falling apart He is not surprised. He was not surprised yesterday when issues arose at the building. He was not surprised with any aspect of the day. Hopefully, He was not surprised by the way I went through the day, the way I reacted to challenges, etc. I pray I lived out yesterday as He desired and will do the same today.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love that covered me in abundance yesterday and will do so in the day ahead! Once again I pray for pastors who will be preaching today to walk in Your will. I pray for those who are discouraged and wanting to quit to realize Your strength and empowerment. Lord, if I am one of the pastors You will change the sermon at the last minute I pray I will walk in obedience to Your will. Cleanse me so I can not miss any opportunity to show Your love. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Lord, the challenges at the church building continue to be overwhelming. I pray for Your continued guidance and wisdom. Thank You for Alex who is such a blessing with the doors! Thank You for everyone who continues to work on completing this project! I praise You for Ms. Nancy; Ms. Carol; Bob; and Alex, Cait, and the kids who worked yesterday. I praise You for the way You are going to bring resolution to the issues from yesterday. Lord, I am so thankful Doc is not here to have to deal with such things while battling the cancer. Those last weeks were so hard when he would go with me and lay on his mat. They were so hard to watch him want to do something yet not be able or try to think and not be able to make clear thoughts. I miss him but I sure would never wish him back into the suffering he was going through. Thank You for my time with Elizabeth last evening! I pray You will continue to be her strength through the 'junk' she is going through. Thank You for being My Guide! Amen.

No comments: