Friday, October 23, 2020

Ecclesiastes 3 - "Famous For (I Believe)"


Seven weeks at this time my honey was still breathing but was not coherent. My sister Linda and I spent the morning suctioning the fluid out of his mouth trying to make him comfortable. When the Hospice aide came late morning to bathe him she told us his time on earth was dwindling fast. She shaved him and got him ready to leave. I appreciated her gentle spirit with not only him but with us. When the nurse came soon after, she also prepared us his time was soon for leaving. That day seems so surreal. I celebrate he is out of pain but oh how I miss him. I miss having him here beside me as he always was. I miss going on car rides to see the beauty of God's creation with him. I miss both laughing and crying with him. I miss learning from him as my pastor. I would never wish him back but sometimes I stop and ask God 'why am I now a widow?' I always thought if one of us had to go before the other it would be better it be him. He would have been totally lost to be left alone. I'm lonely but I know God is with me. He would have had that realization too but I'm not sure how he would have survived. This morning the Lord woke me to the words to Famous For (I Believe).

Make way through the waters
Walk me through the fire
Do what You are famous for
What You are famous for
Shut the mouths of lions
Bring dry bones to life and
Do what You are famous for
What You are famous for
I believe in You, God
I believe in You

There is no fear 'cause I believe
There is no doubt 'cause I have seen
Your faithfulness, my fortress
Over and over

My belief in the Lord is what is getting me through these tough days. My love for Him allows me to experience His love for me. His faithfulness in my life is what encourages me to be faithful to Him. In the passage from Ecclesiastes 3 we are told there is a time for everything that happens on this earth. Following the passage we found a promise in the beginning of verse eleven. He has made everything beautiful in its time (NKJV). Doc's death was final as far as on this earth but he continues to live for eternity with the Lord. He now has a new body with no more cancer. Woo hoo! He is no longer in need of a pain pump. Woo hoo! Instead he is experiencing a completely whole body. Woo hoo! God made Doc's body beautiful in His time. He made him whole in His time. I may not understand His time with taking Doc from this earth but I am grateful for the knowledge he is out of pain. I do not have to fear the days ahead because He continues to give me exactly what I need for each day that comes. I do not have to doubt Him because I have seen His faithfulness through the peace He gives me everyday. As I learn how to get through my days without feeling so lonely He will give me His wisdom and direction. I am so thankful for my relationship with Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that get me through these tough days! Thank You for the knowledge Doc has a new body that is rid of cancer, diabetes, etc! Thank You for empowering me over everything that comes my way such as fear of the unknown in my days! Thank You for loving me through the lonely times of life! Thank You for going before me this morning with an appointment at the building! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fully use me to do Kingdom work! May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today so people will see/hear You instead of me! I pray for continued healing for: my friend Shari from her back surgery; my friend Mike from his foot injury; David from his accident; Tisha's brother-in-law and nephew; many who are mourning the loss of loved ones such as Rick, Peggy, Marsha, Belinda, and so many others; and especially those with spiritual needs. May You be greater than the hurts of their hearts. Lord, continue to give me exactly what I need to not just get through these days but to glorify You through them. I praise You for the sermon You put on my heart to share Sunday. Thank You for continuing to direct me! Thank You for being My Fortress! Amen.

No comments: