Sunday, October 11, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; I Samuel 23:16 - "Raise A Hallelujah"


I love Saturday nights where God has me praying for pastors. Last night I prayed before going to bed for all pastors who would be preaching today. I prayed for those preaching to children, teens, and adults to preach what God laid on their hearts with boldness. He had me pray for all of us to not just present what He gave us but to listen to it ourselves. I gain so much insight through the sermons God gives me and am so blessed. I feel so privileged to be an instrument used to proclaim the Gospel in this way. He had me pray for those who for one reason or another do not feel that way to be refreshed in their spirit so they can realize what He has for them. During the night He woke me once to pray for pastors in the area of their personal life. Specifically He had me pray for pastors to have a friend they can 'safely' talk with. Many pastors struggle in this area. They feel like they cannot have a friend in the church because it would cause issues among the people. They feel like they cannot have a friend outside of the church because they need to have someone to talk to about what they are experiencing in the church. It seems like there is no good answer to the situation but God does not expect any of us to walk the road of pastoral ministry alone. He made us as humans to need friends. It is important for us to seek His will when it comes to everything in life. Who we have as friends is especially important to seek His will. God gave Jonathan to David to be his friend. They were so different yet they both had the same goal of being who God called them to be. That is key to what a pastor needs to find in a true friend. Perhaps a pastor's friend could be a pastor in a different denomination. Doc had a pastor friend who was not Nazarene when we lived in Ohio. They had the common bond of Jesus being first in their life which drew them together. In I Samuel 23:16 we read, And Saul's son Jonathan went to David at Horesh and helped him find strength in God. A true friend helps us in all aspects of life including our relationship with God. They will keep the hurts of our hearts spoken to them to themselves. Someone reminded me not long ago about how Doc told them anything said to him in confidence would be taken with him to his grave. Those are words spoken by a true friend. During the night and again this morning God had me pray for all pastors to have such a friend. He had me pray for ones who are struggling with life because they do not have a friend. He then brought the words to Raise A Hallelujah to my mind and reminded me we all need to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 and allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through us.

I raise a hallelujah, in the presence of my enemies
I raise a hallelujah, louder than the unbelief
I raise a hallelujah, my weapon is a melody
I raise a hallelujah, Heaven comes to fight for me

I'm gonna sing, in the middle of the storm
Louder and louder, you're gonna hear my praises roar
Up from the ashes, hope will arise
Death is defeated, the King is alive!

Heaven is always ready to fight for us. The Holy Spirit is always ready to give us exactly what we need but we must be cleansed so He can work in and through us. There must not be one little thing between us. He desires to give us exactly what we need to get through every day but we first must have our heart fully devoted to Him to be able to accept what He has for us.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors another Saturday night! Thank You for the insight to pray for all pastors to have a friend they can confide in and trust! Thank You for the example You gave me from Doc on how to live as Your follower especially in the area of being a pastor! Thank You for reminding me of the need for all to be cleansed so we can accept what the Holy Spirit has for us! Oh Father, cleanse me and wash me white as snow so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day ahead. May You be seen/heard through me. Lord, my heart breaks for many pastors going through tough days. Some with health issues, some from losing a loved one or going through an illness of a loved one, some with issues in their church, some with marriage issues, some struggling with the call You have put on their life ...the list goes on and on. May we all remember there is nothing greater than You. May Your will be so clearly brought before us and may we all walk in Your will. Lord, I'm so tired this morning in my physical body. I don't understand why I am feeling this way but I trust You will give me exactly what I need to do what You desire of me. May You take over this body and not just sustain it but be glorified in all I do. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Raise A Hallelujah To! Amen.


No comments: