Friday, October 9, 2020

James 1:2-4 - "Yes, I Will"

I woke up this morning feeling a little crabby. Mort got me up during the night and of course he went right back to sleep but it took me awhile. Having a sinus headache is no fun. Then I started thinking about the things that had 'gone wrong' over the last couple days. The Lord quickly reminded me of the things that had 'gone well' and I realized I needed an attitude adjustment. Instead of dwelling on the 'negatives' of life I need to realize just how much God loves me and is still in control. I can't change the circumstances but I can change my attitude. I am reminded this morning of some verses that have seen me through some pretty tough times especially with MS flair-ups, my Daddy's cancer and death, my breast cancer, and Doc's cancer and death. James 1:2-4 tells me in the New International Version to be joyful through trials. In The Passion Translation it reads:

My fellow believers, when it seems as though you are facing nothing but difficulties see it as an invaluable opportunity to experience the greatest joy that you can! For you know that when your faith is tested it stirs up power within you to endure all things. And then as your endurance grows even stronger it will release perfection into every part of your being until there is nothing missing and nothing lacking.

Right now I feel like everything is crashing down around me. But when I take a step back and look at the big picture there have been good things happen this week too. It has not all been 'bad' but right now it feels like it. I am grateful for the way God stops us and opens our eyes to the big picture. I also am grateful for the encouragement He gives me when I feel down. I am grateful for the knowledge that He is in control and will work everything out. Matthew Henry wrote of these verses:

Christianity teaches men to be joyful under troubles: such exercises are sent from God's love; and trials in the way of duty will brighten our graces now, and our crown at last. Let us take care, in times of trial, that patience, and not passion, is set to work in us: whatever is said or done, let patience have the saying and doing of it. When the work of patience is complete, it will furnish all that is necessary for our Christian race and warfare. 

I don't particularly like the word 'patience' because it was after I prayed for it that I was flat on my back with the onset of MS. But I will say MS has given me many opportunities to exercise patience. It has made my faith stronger and taken it deeper. Praise His Holy Name! The words to "Yes I Will" are going through my mind this morning...

I count on one thing
The same God that never fails
Will not fail me now
You won't fail me now
In the waiting
The same God who's never late
Is working all things out
Is working all things out

Yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley
Yes I will, bless Your name
Oh, yes I will, sing for joy when my heart is heavy
For all my days, oh yes I will

Right now, right where God has me I will praise Him. I am determined to not be crabby today as I wait on Him to work all things out in every situation I am praying about. I am determined to allow Him to show me His will for every situation. I am determined to not say one negative word in the day ahead. Plain and simple. I am determined.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for 'smacking me up the side of the head this morning with Scripture and a song' to get me out of being crabby! Thank You for the way You are going to take care of the concerns of my heart in Your time! Thank You for the meeting with the contractor yesterday going so well! I think Doc would be happy. Thank You for continuing to give me clarity for my thinking for such times! Thank You for friends who checked on me yesterday! Thank You for being with the many friends who have COVID19 or are awaiting test results! May they feel Your presence so greatly. Thank You for being with Kaye who has an MRI today and David who continues with testing for cancer. Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with Yourself. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. I also pray for a touch on my physical body and thank You for being my Great Physician. Thank You for being My Joy Maker! Amen.

No comments: