Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Psalm 14; Matthew 7 - "He Still Does (Miracles)"

God took me to Psalm 14 again today. I read it in different translations and asked God if I had missed something a few days ago when He had me read it. I tried to have different mindsets as I read it so I could grasp new knowledge. I read it from the perspective of a believer and from that of a non-believer. I am sure a non-believer would take offense to being called a fool (NIV) in verse one. They may also take offense to being considered corrupt...their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good (NIV). David continues on speaking about how God looks down on this world and sees much evilness. I can't even begin to imagine how His heart must hurt. Although since He knows all it would not surprise Him. I don't understand everything there is to know about God but I do know He loves me and takes care of me. I also know I would not be who I am today if He were not in my life. David spoke of God looking for people who seek Him. I am thankful to know I am one who not only believes in Him but seeks to walk in obedience to Him. Oh how I wish more people would choose this way of life. I pray for people to get to the end of themselves and allow Him to love in and through them so others will do the same. I was reminded this morning about the sermon on Sunday with the narrow gate and the wide gate (Matthew 7:13-14). Many people live for today and don't think about eternity. Some even think about eternity but feel like 'it's too far off' or 'I don't have to worry about that now'! We do need to think about our eternity every day God gives us on this earth. We need to realize how we live on this earth will determine where we live for eternity. Jesus clearly taught us the way we are to live in the Sermon on the Mount. In Matthew 7:21-23 it reads:

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the realm of heaven’s kingdom. It is only those who persist in doing the will of my heavenly Father.  On the day of judgment many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, don’t you remember us? Didn’t we prophesy in your name? Didn’t we cast out demons and do many miracles for the sake of your name?’  But I will have to say to them, ‘Go away from me, you lawless rebels! I’ve never been joined to you!’  (TPT).


We cannot pretend to be followers of Christ but instead need to live out His will daily. We must be ready to say 'yes' to whatever He asks of us, go wherever He leads, etc. We cannot be followers just when it fits in our schedule but we must walk the path 24/7. We also cannot allow people or circumstances to pull us away from God. Instead we need to be strong in our faith and allow God to use us to love others into the Kingdom. I don't want anyone to go to hell. Neither do I want to have my eternity in question. Therefore, I need to make sure to stay in full relationship with Him. In The Message the last verse of Psalm 14 tells us that God can and will turn our lives around when we allow Him. It reads:


Is there anyone around to save Israel?
    Yes. God is around; God turns life around.
Turned-around Jacob skips rope,
    turned-around Israel sings laughter.


Praise His Holy Name for turning our lives around when we take the step to allow Him to do so. Praise His Holy Name for accepting us back into relationship when we have turned from Him. Woo hoo for second chances! Every time we were up during the night God had a song Hawk Nelson sings called "He Still Does (Miracles)" going through my mind...


Like the fire in the night
Like the ocean parted wide
Like the grave, empty inside
You will see He still does
Miracles, miracles, miracles, miracles


Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your generous love that takes us back when we stray! Thank You for second chances! Thank You for the way You give me the desire to live for You on this earth so I will spend eternity with You! I am so thankful I know where Doc is and I will also be there someday. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! Thank You for being my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way! Thank You for putting the burning desire in my heart to love others into the Kingdom! Thank You for Pastor Sam being with us last evening and for all the words of encouragement I received from him and the board! May You continue to give us Your wisdom as we seek to win souls for You here in Beaufort. Thank You for being with Tisha's family as they continue the long road ahead of them and for the second person being arrested in the Eberle death! May You be greater than the hurts of life. May You shine brightly through Your people who are with these families. I pray You will shine brightly through me as I love with Your love. Thank You Jesus for being My Eternity Goal! Amen.


No comments: