Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Psalm 27 - "There Was Jesus"

Yesterday was a roller coaster ride of emotions. The morning was spent with two of my little friends which brought me great joy. The afternoon was hard as I comforted a friend and picked up Mordecei's remains. I participated in a zoom call with ladies from all over the United States in the evening and once again received joy. I found one of Doc's handwritten notes in his Bible that brought me joy. He wrote: "Dad Davis said this to me at Mom's funeral...Here is a trustworthy saying: If anyone sets his heart on being an overseer, he desires a noble task (I Timothy 3:1)." His grandfather never had formal schooling that I know of but he led a little church. He was known in the family as knowing The Word and living it out. This blessed me in abundance to find. I'm so thankful for Doc writing such things in his Bible. Another verse he marked that I hold near and dear to my heart is Psalm 27:14. In the NIV it reads, Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. This is the last verse of this Psalm that clearly speaks of David's great faith in the Lord. I like how Matthew Henry describes the beginning of the Psalm...

The Lord, who is the believer's light, is the strength of his life; not only by whom, but in whom he lives and moves. In God let us strengthen ourselves. The gracious presence of God, his power, his promise, his readiness to hear prayer, the witness of his Spirit in the hearts of his people; these are the secret of his tabernacle, and in these the saints find cause for that holy security and peace of mind in which they dwell at ease. The psalmist prays for constant communion with God in holy ordinances. 

It is in His presence we will receive His strength. As we wait on His will to be unfolded in our lives, we will receive such peace. Waiting is not easy in our humanness but praise His Holy Name we do not have to do it in our humanness. As we allow Him to empower us through the Holy Spirit we have His supernatural ability to wait. Woo hoo! Matthew Henry continues about the last part of the Psalm: Wherever the believer is, he can find a way to the throne of grace by prayer. God calls us by his Spirit, by his word, by his worship, and by special providences, merciful and afflicting. God is calling me to wait on Him. He is calling me to live in His presence with expectation and hope. He is calling me to allow Him to heal the hurts of my heart. He is calling me to allow Him to complete what He has started with the rehab of the church building. Plain and simple. He is calling me. What will I do about this call? I will stand upon Psalm 27:14, Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. I know people are tired of the building not being completed. I'm tired of the process myself. But I also know we cannot manipulate situations nor can we give up. We must Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. There is a reason those four little words were repeated in this one verse. Wait for the Lord...wait for the Lord.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday with having time with the Carrington children, ministering to a friend, my hug from Miss Everly, the zoom call with Darla and Diane, finding Doc's note about Dad Davis' words in his Bible...oh my the day was so full of blessings! Thank You for being with me as I picked up Mordecei's remains and once again allowing the tears to heal my heart! Thank You for the encouragement I received from Doc's note on Psalm 27:14. Lord, cleanse me so You can empower me to stand upon Psalm 27:14 as I wait for You to guide me. May I not take any step without Your guidance so I can live in Your will. I am grateful today is a 'stay-at-home' day with having little sleep last night. I pray nights will get back to 'normal' with nine to ten hours of sleep. I don't want my days to get back to 'normal' because what used to be 'normal' is not where I desire to be. I want to go deeper with You, Lord and that is what has happened over the last several months with the cancer in Doc's body, COVID19, loss of Mordecei, etc. I want to continue to wait for Your will. Thank You Jesus for being My Waiting Room! Amen.


No comments: