Sunday, August 23, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "The Way (New Horizons)

 


Saturday night has been a night of praying for pastors for quite some time. Last night was no different other than there were a lot more prayers with being awake so often with Doc. I prayed for him to have strength to preach today if that was God's will. I also prayed for him to be healed from all of this pain he is dealing with. He is one of God's servants who has a calling upon his life to preach the Gospel so lives will be changed. I don't understand the 'why' of what he is going through and may never know but I do know he loves the Lord and desires to walk in His will. If that means someone comes into relationship with God through his pain and suffering, he is fine with that. Whatever God's purpose is on his life, he is ready to fulfill it. One time God had me pray for all pastors going into the pulpit this morning. He had me pray they would be ready to preach what He gave them. He told me He was going to change some sermons today and He needed those who would be given a change at the last moment to walk in obedience. I had that experience a couple times and was exhilarated through it. Knowing I had no idea what was going to come out of my mouth was amazing. It was also amazing that I didn't remember much of what I said. I wish it would have been during times when we were taping sermons but it wasn't. He also had me pray for many pastors who are going through a time of transition. Some with moving to a different church; some retiring; and some quitting vocational ministry. My heart aches for some pastors and families who are hurting so badly. I just want to hug them and tell them everything will be alright. I wish I could be with the family of one retired pastor who is on his way to be with Jesus. I pray they are surrounded by people who will love of them with His love. I also pray for so many pastors who are dealing with COVID-19 in themselves and/or their family. I pray for healing in physical bodies from not only the virus but from other illnesses and disease. I pray for healing in emotional bodies from hurt put on pastors and their families by others. I pray for healing in mental bodies where life has become so hard to deal with that decisions are being made that aren't in God's will. I pray for healing in financial bodies where there is not enough money to cover the bills let alone put food on the table and clothes on the back. But most of all I pray for healing in spiritual bodies where Jesus is not the center of focus for pastors and/or their families. The Lord had me pray for prodigals to return and for pastors who are dealing with breaks in family relationship to seek His wisdom. So, so many things He had me pray for pastors and their families throughout the night. What a privilege He gives me to pray for others but my Saturday night prayers for pastors are so special. I know just as He has me praying for others, He also has others praying for me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege once again to pray for pastors and their families throughout the night! Thank You for ones You brought to my mind specifically and individuals and as groups! Thank You for people who pray for us! Thank You for those who support us throughout these 'tough' days we are experiencing with the cancer in Doc's body! Thank You for cleansing us this morning so You can use us to further Your Kingdom! Lord, I don't know which one of us will be preaching this morning but You do. May You speak through us in a mighty way. May You be seen/heard through every word, action, thought, and action. May You be greater than the hurts of the hearts of every pastor as they go into the pulpit. Lord, I pray for the pastors who will be given new direction in what they are to preach. May they walk in obedience to that direction and may You be so close to them. Lord, I pray once again for: retired pastors; pastors in transition to another church or leaving vocational ministry; students who have set foot on a Christian college campus and will be called into ministry; the family of a dear pastor who is on his way to be with you for eternity; and myself and Doc as we continue to seek Your will for our life. Thank You for being My Way/Truth/Life! Amen.


No comments: