Tuesday, August 4, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Isaiah 61 - "Amazing Love"



Yesterday was just way too emotional for me. Because of that I am struggling this morning to function. I'm sure glad there is nothing on the calendar today. The Lord woke me with these words this morning...

Amazing love, how can it be?
That you, my king. would die for me
Amazing love, I know it's true
Its my joy to honor you
Amazing love how can it be?
That my king would die for me
Amazing love I know it's true
Its my joy to honor you
In all I do
I honor you

Yes! Honor is what we do when we praise Him. This reminded me how I put on my garment of praise yesterday many times. Isaiah 61 from the sermon on Sunday encourage us to do so. I love the first few verses of this chapter...

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. 

Yes! Yesterday I strived to have on a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. I accomplished it as I praised God through some 'tough' stuff. I praised Him when He...
  • kept Doc from passing out when the room was spinning.
  • had the doctor allow me in with him for his appointment.
  • encouraged us through talking with the doctor.
  • the doctor sent Doc for fluids to get his blood pressure up.
  • saw that I could be with him for part of the time of fluids.
  • put Melissa in my path to talk.
  • used the fluids to make Doc feel better.
  • gave us rest for the rest of the day and evening.
  • protected our area from the hurricane/tropical storm.
  • gave us another day together.
Today I am praising Him for nothing being on the calendar and Doc waking up hungry. I praise Him for Doc eating breakfast at the table with me. I also praise Him for whatever is ahead in this day. May He continue to empower us with His love as II Timothy 1:7 says. Yesterday I read something my friend Christy wrote on Facebook about praising Him before something happens. 

Some prayers are answered instantly and some aren’t. Ya know that one prayer you’ve been crying out for.. well forever? The other day, I was praying and conversing with the Lord about how to pray for a specific request that I’ve wrestled in prayer for years. “Praise me for the breakthrough as if it’s already happened.” He reminded me of a beautiful key to persevere in prayer. PRAISE.
Lord, I praise you for the harvest of Portland that will be gathered next week!
I praise you for the peace You’re pouring out over our nation.
I praise You for the countless prodigals returning now.
I praise You that today is the day of salvation and deliverance for my family and friends.
I praise You for healing my sick sister.
I praise You for the jobs You’re providing for pastors.
I praise You for manna from heaven to fund Your Kingdom!
What are you believing for? Praise Him for the breakthrough. (Christy Austin)

Her words spoke volumes to me! I need to praise Him for breakthroughs BEFORE they happen! Yes! Love, Love, Love this!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You showed Yourself to us yesterday through such a tough day! Thank You for the many opportunities You gave me to praise You! Thank You for all of the ways You loved on us throughout the day! I praise You for: keeping Doc from passing out; the doctor allowing me in with him; the encouragement we received from the doctor; the fluids Doc received and the way they helped; Melissa talking with me; the rest You provided when we went home; Doc eating and not getting sick; the tropical storm/hurricane missing us; and for us to have another day together on this earth. Father, You are so great! You are so wonderful! You are so loving! Cleanse us so You can fill us to overflowing with more of You! Use us today to be a beacon of light for You even if we do not leave the house. May You be our words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a more intentional way. Thank You for being with Kim yesterday and with my sister Linda this morning! May You continue to be their Healer. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise! Amen.

No comments: