Saturday, August 29, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 19; Ephesians 6:10-20; James 1:2-3 - "Your Love Is Like A River"

 


The Lord took me to Psalm 19 this morning. I read it in different translations and settled in on The Passion Translation. David wrote this Psalm with two sections. The first six verses are entitled "God's Story in the Skies" with the remaining verses "God's Story in the Scriptures." We see God everywhere. We see Him in nature as He paints us beautiful pictures every day. David shows his appreciation for nature in this Psalm. Verses two through four read:

Each day gushes out its message to the next,
night with night whispering its knowledge to all.
Without a sound, without a word, without a voice being heard,
Yet all the world can see its story.
Everywhere its gospel is clearly read so all may know.

David continues describing how God is shown through His Word. He describes Scripture as: being perfect; reviving us; leading us to the truth; and giving us joy. Verse reads: The rarest treasures of life are found in His truth. That's why I prize God's word like others prize the finest gold. Woo hoo! David looked to the Scripture with reverence. We need to do the same. We will be blessed by what we receive every time we open up His Word. We will gain insight on God's will for our life. He gives us what we need in His Word to stand up against the enemy as II Timothy 1:7 proclaims. He warns us to live wearing His full armor in Ephesians 6:10-20. He reminds us we can have His joy through 'tough' days in James 1:2-3. The last two verses of Psalm 19 are key in how we need to live out our days on this earth so we can live for eternity with Him.

13 Keep cleansing me, God, and keep me from my secret, selfish sins; may they never rule over me! For only then will I be free from fault and remain innocent of rebellion.
14 So may the words of my mouth, my meditation-thoughts, and every movement of my heart be always pure and pleasing, acceptable before your eyes, my only Redeemer, my Protector-God.

Yes! I ask Him to cleanse me every morning as I start my day so I can walk in His will throughout the day. I do not want to miss any opportunity He puts before me to share His love. I desire to stay focused on Him no matter what my circumstances. I want to be who He has called me to be. This way of life is the best. It is why I can experience His peace in the midst of the storms of life. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your creation and Your Word that encourage me greatly! Thank You for the way You love on me! Thank You for another day of life with my honey! Lord, I pray today will be a day where Doc's stomach is settled and he feels Your empowerment in his spirit. I ask for clarity as he brings his sermon together and strength in his physical body. Thank You for our time with Jessica yesterday afternoon and our visit from Pastor Sam, Candy, and Zippy last night! Thank You for wrapping Your arms around us as we were disappointed in not being able to go away for a few days! Thank You for cleansing me this morning so I can stay focused on You no matter what happens in the day ahead! Thank You for going before me and being my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude throughout the day ahead! Lord, I pray for those with physical needs such as: Valerie Forrer; David Laurilla; Regina Fields; and so many others. I pray for those with financial needs to seek You. I pray especially for those with spiritual needs to walk in the path of someone who will share You with them. Lord, empower us all to be better at sharing Your love. Thank You Jesus for being My Rock! Amen.