Saturday, August 22, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 11 - "Trust In You"

The Lord took me to Psalm 11 this morning. As I read David's words I thought about how believers are being persecuted for standing up for what God instills in us. We must trust God through times of persecution. We must not allow the enemy to tear us down but instead must stand firm in our faith. David appears to be speaking to an unknown individual in this Psalm. He states his case in his first sentence when he says, I trust in the Lord for protection. That is what we must do at all time but especially when we feel attacked. He continues in verse three to say, The foundations of law and order have collapsed. What can the righteous do? Wow! That is the world we are living in today. Between the attacks on the police and the trash happening in politics we see a collapse of what God desires in this world. Even people who call themselves believers are participating in putting people into government office that kill babies in the womb. When will all of this junk stop? When will our country be the country that was built on the right beliefs? I personally don't believe it will ever go back to that. I believe the junk will continue and even worsen until the return of the Lord. The last verses of this chapter show us what will happen at that time.

But the Lord is in his holy Temple;
    the Lord still rules from heaven.
He watches everyone closely,
    examining every person on earth.
The Lord examines both the righteous and the wicked.
    He hates those who love violence.
He will rain down blazing coals and burning sulfur on the wicked,
    punishing them with scorching winds.
For the righteous Lord loves justice.
    The virtuous will see his face. (NLT)

We all have a choice to make. Will will allow the enemy to pull us into the wicked ways of the world or will we stand in our faith with the Lord? Will we spend eternity in hell or in heaven? Will we stand for justice in our country or be quiet and allow the enemy to play havoc? I believe we believers need to get better at voicing our beliefs. There are too many babies in the womb being killed. There are too many people believing the lies of the enemy. There are too many people not accepting the Gospel as a way of life. All of these things could change if we believers would speak up and be bold in doing so. We must stand in His love and empowerment as II Timothy 1:7 tells us.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for Your Word that encourages me greatly! Thank You for people who show us Your love by phone calls, text, bringing food like Tiffany did again last night, Chris who came over when we needed him, etc. Thank You for being with us yesterday when life was so tough with Doc being so sick! Thank You for being His strength as he went through the first radiation treatment! Lord, we both need Your supernatural empowerment through these days. Cleanse us so You can fill us with more of You. I pray You will stay close to us so we feel Your presence. I pray the same for: my friend whose husband has filed for divorce; David as he goes home from rehab; and many who are going through tough days. I pray for the tropical storms/hurricanes that are out in the Atlantic to dissipate or go out to sea. When I told Doc I wish we could go on vacation, he reminded me this is the time of year we have had an unplanned one for the last four years. That is not the kind I desire but if it is what happens I pray for Your wisdom and peace. Lord, go before me today and give me what I need to be Your obedient servant. It seems like days since him coming home from the hospital have been a blur of nurses, medication, etc. I pray we adjust to this way of life sooner than later. Lord, heal him. Thank You for being My Eternity! Amen.

No comments: