Monday, August 24, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "The Hurt & The Healer"

 


This morning the Lord woke me to the words of Mercy Me's song The Hurt & The Healer. The tears fell as my heart hurts so badly. This song was written when Bart Millard's cousin who was a firefighter was killed fighting a fire. It was a terrible time in his life. When he spoke at his cousin's funeral, he realized he was doubting what he was speaking. He wondered how he could convince the other firefighters that God was still in control when he was struggling with it himself. He wrote:

So I kept praying before I got up there with God, We don't need an encounter with you, we don't need our paths just to cross, but we need a full blown collision to where we just live one and the same; we're so mingled and intertwined. And I don't know if that was pain we needed, or just acknowledging that we're in the middle of it.

I hurt knowing if God does not give Doc a miraculous healing his time on earth is short. I hurt hearing him talk about how he wants to see our grand babies grow up. I hurt thinking about doing life without him. I hurt watching him be in such pain. Plain and simple. I hurt. But I also am thankful for the way God gives us times such as taking a walk last night. I'm thankful for the way He gave Doc strength to preach yesterday. There is a part of this song that is exactly where I am right now in life.

Breathe
Sometimes I feel it's all that I can do
Pain so deep that I can hardly move
Just keep my eyes completely fixed on You
Lord take hold and pull me through

So here I am
What's left of me
Where glory meets my suffering

Yes! My pain goes deep but I want to stay focused on Him. The desire of my heart is for Him to be glorified through me. I do not want to do anything not of Him. As we start a new week the desire of my heart is to stay focused on Him no matter what happens so He can use me for His glory. The week is full with radiation treatments, nurse and physical therapist coming to the house, etc. God will be with us every step of the way as we allow Him to be our strength. He will keep our focus as we allow Him to do so. He will be our empowerment as II Timothy 1:7 says as we knock the enemy down when he tries to put fear upon us. He will be our hope throughout this week as we continue to lean into Him. I'm singing these words this morning as a prayer for the week ahead...

Jesus come and break my fear
Wake my heart and take my tears
Find Your glory even here
When the hurt and the healer collide

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Doc preaching and our walk last night! Thank You for loving us so much! Thank You for taking our tears and turning them into glory for You! Lord, cleanse us so You can fill us. May You be our words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in the day ahead. May people see/hear You through us. May You be greater than our hurts. May You shine brightly through us. Lord, I pray You will give us wisdom on who You desire us to implement search and rescue for as Doc spoke of yesterday. Keep us focused on You so we do not miss any opportunity You give us. I pray You will not allow the cancer in his body to take our focus off of You. Lord, continue to be with David and their family as they adjust to him being home. May You be greater than the obstacles that come into play in the days ahead for them. I also continue to pray for others with adjustments they have to make in their lives: Craig and his family; Wendell Kizzee's family; Steve Cecil; Patricia Davis; and many others. Lord, be greater than their hurts. Be the wisdom they need for decisions they are making. Thank You Father for being My Healer! Amen.


No comments: