Wednesday, August 12, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Matthew 6:34 - "Remind Me You're Here"

 


Last night Doc decided he wanted to try to go for his walk outside. He wasn't sure how far he could go but at least wanted to try. What a beautiful night it was with a nice breeze blowing. He was able to go the whole way but at one point stopped with pain in his shoulders. He actually had to stop a few times but we made it back to the house. Sunday night was severe pain in his legs. Monday night was severe pain in his back. Last night was severe pain in his shoulders. Of course, the tears fell when I got alone. I once again asked God 'why?' and once again received no answer. This morning He woke me to Jason Gray's song Remind Me You're Here.

And I won't ask You for reasons
'Cause a reason can't wipe away tears
No, I don't need all the answers
Just be here beside me
Father, remind me You're here
Here

It has to be enough to be in the presence of God. I do not need answers. They won't take away the pain of watching my husband suffer. What good would they do me? None. But living in His presence will give me the strength needed to get through these tough days. Living in His presence will keep my focus on Him instead of the 'junk' we are going through. Living in His presence will empower me to be the person He has called me to be right now, right where He has me. Plain and simple. Living in His presence is how I need to live. There is so much unknown ahead but my God is not part of it. He knows what is ahead and will go before me to open doors that need opened and shut those that need shut. He goes before me in His love to shower me with love and empowerment instead of fear. II Timothy 1:7 became my verse for this season a couple weeks before the diagnosis of cancer in Doc's pancreas. That was not a coincidence but was planned by my God. He knew what I needed even before it was needed.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love and empowerment to get me through these 'tough' days! Thank You for a day of rest yesterday after little sleep the night before! Thank You for the eleven hours of sleep last night with few interruptions! Thank You for giving Doc what he needs to get through the pain he is experiencing! Father, I pray they are able to get the tooth pulled today so he will be out of that pain. But if that is not Your plan I pray for Your direction. Cleanse me so You can fill me with all of You. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day ahead. There is so much unknown yet You are known. Praise Your Holy Name! I praise you for being with Tisha and Corey with all of the unknown that is happening in their life. May they remember Matthew 6:34 throughout these days. May You also be realized in a new, different way by: my sister Linda in these post-surgery days; Carol Barnett; those having depression from all that is happening with COVID-19 and in our world; Rebecca Moody as she cares for her Daddy; my pastor friend with cancer; my Momma; our neighbor Grammy; my friend Marion in the assisted living facility; and so many others going through 'tough' times. Lord, I pray for financial decisions we need to make to clearly be in Your will. Thank You for being My Known! Amen.

No comments: