Friday, August 7, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 63 - "Open The Eyes of My Heart"

The Lord took me to Psalm 63 this morning. I read it in different versions and settled into The Message. I love these words of David. They describe so match of how I desire to live every day.

God—you’re my God!  I can’t get enough of you! I’ve worked up such hunger and thirst for God, traveling across dry and weary deserts. So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open, drinking in your strength and glory. In your generous love I am really living at last! My lips brim praises like fountains. I bless you every time I take a breath; My arms wave like banners of praise to you. I eat my fill of prime rib and gravy; I smack my lips. It’s time to shout praises! If I’m sleepless at midnight, I spend the hours in grateful reflection. Because you’ve always stood up for me, I’m free to run and play. I hold on to you for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post. Those who are out to get me are marked for doom, marked for death, bound for hell. They’ll die violent deaths; jackals will tear them limb from limb. But the king is glad in God; his true friends spread the joy, While small-minded gossips are gagged for good.

Wow! Living a life surrendered to God is exactly what David described in this Psalm. God satisfies our hunger and thirst when we allow Him. He gives us His strength and love to get us through every moment of our life. I love the word picture of I eat my fill of prime rib and gravy; I smack my lips. Woo hoo! This life gives us much reason to praise Him. It gives us much reason to realize He is here for us at all time. His empowerment is what gets us through 'tough' days. His encouragement is there to push us further when we feel like we have nothing to give. I stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in His love and empowerment every day. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have His Word to reflect on. It would be hard to not have His Word hidden in my heart. It saddens me to see people who are not in relationship with Him. It also saddens me to see people who are in relationship yet choose to not allow Him to be in total control of their life. It doesn't make sense to me but I know the enemy works double time on those who walk with the Lord. 

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with our free picnic lunch from Common Ground! Thank You for Doc getting into seeing the dentist and the wisdom given to the dentist to send him to the oral surgeon next week! Thank You for the time we had to be out for a few hours and the strength You gave Doc to do so! Thank You for protecting us from the storm! Lord, I pray for Your wisdom with financial decisions we need to make. I pray for Your will to be revealed to us in these decisions. Cleanse me so I can walk in Your will today. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way. Father, I continue to pray for healing in my sister Linda, Kim, Larry, and David. I pray they will feel Your supernatural strength today. Thank You Jesus for being My Prime Rib and Gravy! 

Amen.

No comments: