Tuesday, August 25, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13; Isaiah 40:29 - "The Word I Would Say"

 


Yesterday was a full day with the nurse coming, then the physical therapist, and then taking Doc to a radiation appointment. It was such a blessing to hear the therapist tell us what our first nurse told him about us. Jesus is definitely being seen in our walk. Praise His Holy Name! Our strength in the Lord is being witnessed and for that I am grateful. Mornings like today I feel tired in my spirit but I am thankful in knowing I do not have to 'do' today on my own strength. I also am thankful no one will be coming in today. The only appointment is radiation this afternoon. Praise God! These nights of being awake so much wear me down. The Lord woke me to these words of a song Sidewalk Prophets sing called The Words I Would Say...

Be strong in the Lord and never give up hope
You're gonna do great things
I already know God's got His hand on you

So don't live life in fear, forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here
Take your time and pray
These are the words I would say

This song was written to remind people to tell those in their life how much they mean to them. These words are a letter from God to me this morning to remind me what I need to do in these 'tough' days.
  • Lean into His strength
  • Have hope
  • Don't live in fear
  • Forgive others and forget what they have done 
  • Remember God's purpose on my life
  • Pray 
I need to get better at all of these things. We all do. God did not bring us to this earth to wallow in pity. He did not bring us here to be fearful. He did not bring us here to walk any other road other than the one of obedience to Him. He loves us and desires us to love Him enough to live in His presence. I am grateful for Scripture such as II Timothy 1:7 that encourages me to stand in His love and empowerment. I am grateful for Scripture such as Philippians 4:13 that encourages me to allow His strength to be mine. I am grateful for Scripture such as Isaiah 40:29 that encourages me to allow Him to be Everything He can be to me. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Woo hoo! Plain and simple. I am encouraged.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words of encouragement from this song and from Your Word this morning! I am so, so weary but I am encouraged by Isaiah 40:29 in knowing You give "strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak"! Thank You for these words! Thank You for all that happened yesterday and all that will happen today! Thank You for Doc having another day of life! Father, I pray for healing in his body. I ask for relief from the headache that had him up during the night and continues. I pray for him to feel Your supernatural strength today in a new, different way. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I do not miss any opportunity You put before me today. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May You be seen/heard through me. Lord, I pray for my friend Valerie as she has another surgery. May You be felt so much by her today and the days ahead as she recuperates. I pray for those who are still recovering from surgery to remember You are their strength. My sister Linda, Kim, Larry, and others. I pray for those who are living with natural disasters in their path. Hurricanes, wild fires, tornadoes, etc. May they be loved on with Your love during these tragic times. Lord, I know You will be with us but I pray we do not have to evacuate this hurricane season. Life is so tough now and adding an evacuation on top of it would be so difficult. But if we do I know You will give me the strength to get through it. I would love to have a vacation but I sure don't want it to come that way. I would just love to have a time to make more memories with my honey...a time with no nurses, therapist, appointments ...a time with just the three of us. Thank You for the encouragement we received from cards yesterday from Linda Gossard, June Rogers, and Sandy Hatfield! Thank You for all the people praying for us! Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: