Friday, August 14, 2020

II Timothy 1:7: Matthew 7:7-8; I Thessalonians 5:17; Acts 4 - "Healer"

 

 
This morning the Lord took me to Matthew 7:7-8. I once heard if you want to have a Matthew 7:7 prayer life you need to practice Matthew 6:6. Jesus tells us to get alone to pray. That doesn't mean we are to always be alone to pray because we are to pray without ceasing throughout our day (I Thessalonians 5:17). We also are to join together for corporate prayer (Acts 4). We must take time to not be distracted while we pray. Hence, we must be intentional in getting alone with Him. Jesus tells us in Matthew 7:7-8 in The Passion Translation:

“Ask, and the gift is yours. Seek, and you’ll discover. Knock, and the door will be opened for you. For every persistent one will get what he asks for. Every persistent seeker will discover what he longs for. And everyone who knocks persistently will one day find an open door."

This does not mean all of our prayers are answered the way we desire. It does not mean if we are persistent our prayers are answered as we desire. What we pray for must be in God's will. It must be what is best for us in His eyes. I continue to pray for healing in Doc's body. I will be persistent until there is no hope. As he says, 'as long as there is breathe, there is hope.' Chemo was a form of hope for healing. But it wasn't the chemo itself that would heal him. It was God using the chemo. Hearing him tell the oncologist that he was done with the chemo hurt my heart. But it really shouldn't because it is just going to give God a greater way to show His power. My friend Marlene said yesterday that she was going to pray for God to heal him even without the chemo. That kind of prayer takes great faith. In the song Healer great faith is verbalized...

I believe You're my healer
I believe You are all I need
Oh, I believe

I believe You're my portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need

Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible
Nothing is impossible for You
You hold my world in Your hands

If we truly believe nothing is impossible with God, we will believe He can heal no matter what the circumstance. This picture was one I took five years ago on our trip to Israel. If anyone would have told me I would physically be able to make such a trip prior to going, I would have laughed at them. The long flight to get there, the walking we did, etc. were all things to cause the MS to flair-up in my body. I had many people tell me I should not go but God gave us the opportunity and then provided the funds for the trip. We knew He would take care of us no matter what happened. He answered our prayers then and in faith we are asking Him to answer them again for healing in Doc's body.

According to Barclay: There is a lesson here; God will always answer our prayers; but he will answer them in his way, and his way will be the way of perfect wisdom and of perfect love. Often if he answered our prayers as we at the moment desired it would be the worst thing possible for us, for in our ignorance we often ask for gifts which would be our ruin. This saying of Jesus tells us, not only that God will answer, but that God will answer in wisdom and in love.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your healing power that we have received many times! Thank You for the way You are going to heal Doc! Thank You for the way You are going before him with the scan results we will receive in two weeks! Lord, empower me to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in a more intentional way than ever before. Thank You for the rest You provided yesterday and last night! Thank You for protecting the new little one born during the night and the two new ones waiting to be born! You are such a Good Father! Thank You for cleansing me this morning so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! I don't know who I will have contact with today but I pray they see/hear You instead of me! Thank You for being My Healer! Amen.

No comments: