Thursday, August 13, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; II Corinthians 12:9; Psalm 34:18; Phillipians 4:13; Isaiah 61 - "His Strength Is Perfect"

 


This morning the Lord gave me a few different scripture with the word despair in them. The definition of the word means the complete loss or absence of hope. If we are in relationship with Jesus, we have hope. Therefore, we cannot have despair. But in our humanness we can feel despair. When we fail at doing the Lord's will, the enemy tries to put despair upon us. Paul shared a his visions from the Lord to the Church of Corinth in II Corinthians 12. In verse nine he described asking the Lord to take away a thorn in his flesh yet He did not. Instead He told Paul:  “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” These words from Christ give hope in place of despair. Psalm 34:18 tells us The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. This verse also gives us hope over despair. When we feel like we cannot carry on, He is there for us. He never leaves us. I am reminded of Philippians 4:13 this morning that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. It is only through His empowerment and love that Paul spoke of in II Timothy 1:7 that I can have His strength instead of despair. It is only through His empowerment and love that I can put on a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair (Isaiah 61). The Lord definitely is reminding me of this concept. He wants me to remember I have hope in these 'tough' days and I do not have to give into despair. I need to stand up against the enemy when he comes knocking. I need to be in His Word, praying, and fasting more. God is My Hope. He is all that I need. My focus must stay on Him so I do not miss any opportunity He puts before me.

His strength is perfect when our strength is gone
He'll carry us when we can't carry on
Raised in His power, the weak become strong
His strength is perfect, His strength is perfect

Yes! I must remember this at all time. I am never alone in this battle. He is always with me. He has already won the war so I do not have to worry about it. All I have to do is live in His empowerment and love so I can not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the wonderful godly oral surgeon yesterday who openly talked about You! Thank You for his prayers being answered with the tooth coming out without any issues! Thank You for Doc having little pain from the procedure and having the physical strength to go to the appointment! Father, I pray for Your strength for him today as we go for blood work and the oncologist appointment. As he gets weaker, it is becoming more and more difficult to get out. May Your supernatural empowerment wash over him today. I also pray that supernatural empowerment over Tisha today as they await the arrival of their foster baby and Cory as he cares for the other ones at home. Lord, we are praying for this little one to not be addicted to the drugs her mother has taken throughout the pregnancy. We also pray for a healing in her little heart that appears to need immediate surgery. Be greater than the obstacles in this little one's life. Thank You for Tish and Cory who have opened their homes and hearts to these little girls! Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I do not miss any opportunities You give me today. May You be My Focus in a very direct way. May Your love ooze out of me in abundance and people desire You through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: