Monday, August 3, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Proverbs 3:5-6; Philippians 4:13



The song Keep Me In The Moment has been with me the last few days. This morning I woke up to these words...

When I wake up in the morning, Lord touch my heart
Don't let me stray, I just wanna stay where You are
All I got is one shot, one try, one go around in this beautiful life
Nothing is wasted when everything's placed in Your hands

Singing, oh Lord keep me in the moment
Help me live with my eyes wide open
'Cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)
Singing, oh Lord show me what matters
Throw away what I'm chasing after, 'cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me) 
Keep me in the moment, oh keep me in the moment (Keep me in the moment)
Keep me in the moment, 'cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)

Yes! This is exactly how I desire to live. I do not want to miss any opportunity to do what He desires of me. I do not want anything or anyone to distract me. I desire to be in relationship with Him where I not only hear His voice but I walk in obedience to it. I had someone say the other day that I say that a lot. Yes I do and I will continue doing so. That is what He has called me to do on this earth. I am to speak the Truth so others will realize it. I am called to love with His love. The only way that can be accomplished is to be totally surrendered to Him. I must allow Him to live in and through me at all time. I also must stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in His empowerment, Proverbs 3:5-6 in His wisdom, and Philippians 4:13 in His strength. As I live such a life, I will be right where He desires of me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for speaking through me yesterday as I preached what You gave me! Thank You for Doc eating a little and going for a ride yesterday! Thank You for the appointment with the oncologist this morning! I pray they will let me in with him and I also pray for the conversation that will be. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day. Woo hoo!  I pray for my friend Kim today to fill Your loving arms wrapped around her. I also pray for David as he gets settled into Edwin Shaw; Craig Rench as he continues to adjust to life; those effected by the Hurricane and that it continues as a Tropical Storm for us; Mike with his back pain; Carol Clark and family with the graduation of their grandson from another part of the Navy; Elizabeth and Ron's daughter as she gives birth; Leslie as she was installed as the pastor at the York church; and so many people who are going through a 'tough' time. Thank You for being My Lord of Lords and King of Kings! Amen.

No comments: