Wednesday, August 19, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 1:20-21; Mark 5: Psalm 31:24 - "He Is With Us"



Yesterday was a day with the theme of HOPE! I started the day with my friend Kim sharing Philippians 1:20-21 with me. Paul's writing always encourages me but I especially love his writing to the Church of Philippi. In The Passion Translation it reads:

No matter what, I will continue to hope and passionately cling to Christ, so that he will be openly revealed through me before everyone’s eyes. So I will not be ashamed! In my life or in my death, Christ will be magnified in me. My true life is the Anointed One, and dying means gaining more of him.

Yes! These words show Paul realizing the confidence he had in his life with Christ. He knew God was in control even during the tough days he had being imprisoned. He had confidence God was always with him and no matter what happened on this earth he would spend eternity with God for eternity. He asked the people to pray for him and they did. Through those prayers and the work of the Holy Spirit his needs were met. Paul's desire was for God to be glorified through him. That is the same desire of my heart. Yesterday I was told by a doctor that he saw our deep faith in the Lord by our reaction to all that has been thrown at us. That made me so happy! I will continue to hope and passionately cling to Christ...Christ will be magnified in me. Yes! Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name! As I live in the center of God's will, He gives me His love, hope, strength, and peace in a mighty way. He gives me His wisdom in making tough decisions and clarity to make them. He gives me everything I need and sometimes even the things I don't ask for yet He knows spoil me! Last night it was a bowl of homemade ice cream from my friend Tiffany. It made me feel so loved by my Heavenly Daddy that He would have her love me with it. It brought tears to my eyes. God loves me so much and I know is the One getting me through these tough days with such peace and stamina. It is times when people share a Scripture that He speaks life to me. My friend Bill shared from the book of Mark yesterday morning where Jesus said, When the rest of the world says there is no hope, Jesus says, they are wrong, just trust me. Yes! Hope! This morning he shared Psalm 31:24. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Once again, hope! Woo hoo! I start this new day out once again with HOPE. As Doc says, 'as long as there is breathe, there is hope!'

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace! Thank You for the HOPE you give in such trying days! Thank You for the relief You provided for Doc yesterday and the good rest he was able to receive yesterday afternoon! Thank You for the clarity as I met with different people and made decisions yesterday! Thank You for another day of life for us to make some memories! Thank You for the way You are going to go before Doc today and give him Your supernatural strength to do what he needs to do today! I pray it is Your will for him to come home today but if not, then give us Your peace. I also pray You will continue to put people before us that speak life to us. Not just people we know but doctors, nurses, medical personnel such as the young man who transported Doc for the MRI who left the room saying he was going to be praying for us, dietary workers, palliative care ladies, etc. You have given us encouragement over and over with this hospital stay and I am so thankful for each time. Lord, we have some decisions to make and some things that need accomplished that are pretty overwhelming. I pray You will show Yourself through each of them. I also continue to pray for You to be glorified through us! I praise You for the words the doctor spoke to me about seeing You in us! I praise You for people like Kim Craigmyle, Bill Watts, Joshua and Tiffany Ellsworth, Chris Campbell and so many others who shared You with us yesterday through words or actions. I praise You for the texts, calls, and messages sent to encourage us! Once again, I know the only way to have the day ahead be what You desire is for You to cleanse me so I do not miss any opportunity You put before me. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. Lord, I pray You will be with my friend whose husband filed for divorce and another friend as she awaits a call about a job she has waited many months for. May they both experience Your HOPE today! May we all stand in Your love and empowerment as II Timothy 1:7 encourages us to do. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope! Amen.


No comments: