Sunday, August 16, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; James 3:17; Philippians 4:13 - "Nobody Loves Me Like You"

 


During the night and again this morning I woke up to these words from a song Chris Tomlin sings called Nobody Loves Me Like You...

Mountains
You're breaking down the weight of all my mountains
Even when it feels like I'm surrounded
You never leave my side

Nobody loves me like you love me Jesus
I stand in awe of your amazing ways
I worship you as long as I am breathing
God you are faithful and true
Nobody loves me like you 

Yes! God loves us so much. The desire of His heart is for us to walk in obedience to Him. He desires to break down the weight of all my mountains. That does not always mean He will stop bad circumstances or change what is happening in life. What it means is that He will empower me to not just get through such times but for Him to be glorified through them. The only way for this to be accomplished is by me standing upon His Word: His love and empowerment as II Timothy 1:7 tells me; His wisdom as James 3:17 tells me; and His strength as Philippians 4:13 tells me. Friday night was a 'bad' night with little sleep. After Doc's day not being any better yesterday I finally talked him into going to the ER. I was hoping they would do a x-ray and/or scan to find out what was causing his shoulder/neck pain. I never thought he would be admitted because of blood clots in his lungs. He wasn't having trouble breathing, shortness of breath, etc. Besides he had the screen put in to stop blood clots. He is so tired of fighting. My heart breaks for him. This having one thing after another is getting to be too much. On the way home I prayed for the Lord to take him out of this suffering whether that means healing on this earth or healing in heaven. I don't want to do life without him but neither do I want to see him suffer. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for pastors who are walking in Your will! Thank You for laying them on my heart to pray for even though it was a short night! Lord, You had me pray for those who are feeling despaired over what is happening in their ministry. I prayed for them to seek You first so they won't be focused on circumstances but instead be focused on You. May You be felt in their spirit so deeply today as many are walking into the pulpit with heavy loads. Lord, I prayed for my pastor/husband as he awaited a room to be admitted into the hospital. I asked You to be very near to Doc and continue to pray for Your will in his life. Give him Your peace as he has a MRI today and as we await the results. I also asked You to be with me today as I am worn out yet will be bringing Your Word. Cleanse me so You can fill me with Your supernatural empowerment. May my physical issues not distract me from what You desire of me. Lord, please let the technological aspect of the service not be a deterrent in any way for me to stay focused on You. Thank You for being My Mountain Mover! Amen.

No comments: