Wednesday, August 26, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Matthew 6:19-21; Psalm 49 - "Just Be Held"


Last night before falling asleep the Lord told me to read Psalm 49 so I put my glasses back on and read it. As I did, I was reminded of Jesus' words in Matthew 6:19-21.

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." RSV

Wealth in material things is not where we need to live. It is wealth in the spiritual aspect of life that will lead us to eternal life with God. Psalm 49 describes a life that leads to hell. I don't want to see anyone go to hell. It is so important for all believers to share His love so people have the opportunity to live for eternity with the Lord instead of going to hell. A key verse of Psalm 49 is verse fifteen. It reads in the The MessageBut I know the loving God will redeem my soul, raising me up from the dark power of death, taking me as his bridal partner. No one has to spend eternity in hell when they live for God. His desire is for people to live a life of obedience to His will. Sometimes we look around and see people prospering who are not following God. They seem to always have the money to do whatever they desire, good health, 'perfect' family, etc. But if they do not have God they are losing. If they do not have God, they are headed to hell for eternity. If they do not have God, their life is miserable in one way or another. The way life appears on the outside is not always the way it truly is. This morning the Lord woke me to a song Casting Crowns sings called Just Be Held. I was trying to bring the Scripture and song together in my mind and was struggling. I couldn't get the connection until I stopped, prayed, and asked God to reveal it to me. The reality of life right now is overwhelming. If the Lord does not heal Doc on this earth, his time is short. Recently we have taken some steps with finances to help me if he goes but over the years we did not make many long-term decisions. Therefore, there are many unknowns in the financial future. I can't say that I've lost sleep over this but I have thought about it a lot. The Lord has brought to my mind multiple times I Timothy 5 that tells widows will be taken care of and not forgotten by Him. Just as I have great faith during these 'tough' days I will continue that great faith no matter what lies ahead in the future. This song goes...

So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held

If your eyes are on the storm
You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will

And not a tear is wasted
In time, you'll understand
I'm painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands

Your life is in My hands... Yes it is! I know God is with me today and will be with me tomorrow. I know He will guide me and empower me through the decisions that will be made no matter if He heals Doc on this earth or in heaven. As I stay focused on Him I know where I will spend eternity. I also know as I stay focused on Him I will always be making decisions based upon His will. Life is 'tough' right now with watching Doc suffer. I continue to ask God to heal him on this earth but if that is not to happen then I pray He will take him out of pain. The days may become harder before they become easier but I will continue to put my trust in Him. He is in control and will always be in control of my life. I pray He will use our situation to show others what a life sold-out to Him looks like.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me Scripture at bedtime to ponder upon and then giving me this song this morning! Thank You for loving us so greatly that You encourage us to stay focused on You! Thank You in advance for giving Doc a better day today than yesterday! Thank You in advance for going before us with multiple appointments today! Thank you for the way You continue to use us to share Your love with others! Thank You for Valerie's surgery going well! Father, may You continue to be with: David as he rehabs at home from his accident; Craig and his family as they continue to adjust to their new life; Tisha and Cory who are going through so much; my friend who is waiting to hear about a full-time job; another friend whose husband filed for divorce; the young husband/father who had emergency surgery; Rhonda's grand baby in the womb; Carletta as she makes decisions; and so many others going through 'tough' days. I continue to pray protection over those facing wildfires, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. I pray protection over Paul, Bella, and Liz from the effects of the hurricanes. I praise You Father for Doug Piatt being in remission! Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus! Lord, cleanse me so You can use me. May Your words, actions, attitude, and thoughts flow from me today in a new, different way. May You be seen/heard through me today. Lord, I'm physically worn out. I pray You will empower me to stand upon Your love and empowerment as Paul wrote of in II Timothy 1:7. Thank You Jesus for being My Future! Amen.

No comments: