Saturday, August 8, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Love"


There are so many lonely people in this world. Even when people are around you there can still be a loneliness experienced. Throughout the night every time I was awake the Lord had the words to Love by We Are Messengers going through my mind.

Don't hang your head when you get lonely
No, I'll never leave your side
And don't go thinking you're the only
One that can't get it right
Yeah, you got my love
Love, love, love
Down in your soul
Yeah, you got my love
Love, love
And I won't let you go

We all can experience His love when we allow Him into our heart. But even with His love there are still times we feel all alone. The enemy tries to tell us no one loves us or he brings up our past to try to tear us down. He puts people in our path who are nasty or unloving. There are all kinds of things he does to try to make us pull away from God. The thing we must remember is that nothing can take God's love away from us. Our God loves us so much and will never stop loving us. When we feel like we are alone, we must remember God is with us. When we feel like no one understands what we are going through, we must remember God is with us. When we feel like no one loves us, we must remember God is with us. Plain and simple. We must remember God is with us. I have talked with many people who were struggling with loneliness. One of the things I encourage them to do is for them to make contact with others. Many times they will tell me people should contact them, especially if they knew they were going through a tough season of life. We all need to get better at checking on people but most fall short in this. Therefore, if you are feeling lonely you need to make contact with others. You need to surround yourself with caring people who will listen to you and love on you. If you shut yourself off from people, the loneliness will only increase. If/when that happens, depression will soon set in. That is something that is hard to come out of. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for continuing to be with us through 'tough' days with the cancer in Doc's pancreas! I pray for healing in him from this pain he experienced all night. I ask for Your cleansing in his body from the tip of his head to the tip of his toes. Lord, I also pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I can fully stand upon II Timothy 1:7 throughout the day ahead. Father, empower me through whatever lies ahead. Thank You for being with those who are lonely! I pray especially for those who are quarantined because of the COVID-19 virus. Lord, may people contact them and love on them with Your love. I pray for my friend Marion and others who live in nursing homes, assisted living facilities, etc. to be protected from the virus and also to not be lonely. I also ask for Your love to be felt by those who are experiencing depression and for their loved ones to respond in a loving way to them. May You be greater than the loneliness and depression of this world. I pray for the family, church, and friends of the youth pastor who drown while saving his teens. May You be their comfort in a mighty way in these tough days. Thank You Jesus for being My Love! Amen.

No comments: