Monday, August 10, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Matthew 6:19-21 - "Who You Say I Am"

 

Doc finished his dinner and was walking back to the bedroom last night and I heard him holler out in pain. I went running and found him leaning against the recliner in excruciating back pain. He said he has no idea what he did. He was just walking. I got the rollator and got him into the bedroom. My first thought was 'as if we aren't dealing with enough junk with the cancer.' Poor guy has to have a tooth pulled Wednesday and now his back is messed up. During the night I had a nasty dream and when we were awake I would go right back into it when I went back to sleep. There was devastation in neighborhoods. People were running for their lives like chickens with their heads cut off. It was like scenes you see on the news from across the water yet it was our area. I prayed for God to stop it but it continued. That is how I knew it was from God and not from the enemy. He wanted me to ponder upon what happened in the dream. This morning when I woke up the words to Child of God were going through my mind.

Who the Son sets free
Oh is free indeed
I’m a child of God
Yes I am
In my Father’s house
There’s a place for me
I’m a child of God
Yes I am


I am chosen
Not forsaken
I am who You say I am
You are for me
Not against me
I am who You say I am

Yes! He chose me! Woo hoo! 
I am who He says I am! Woo hoo! 
He is always with me! Woo hoo!
Praise His Holy Name for this knowledge! Praise His Holy Name for loving me so greatly that He gives me things such as this dream to ponder upon. The devastation in my dream could be what is ahead for our country if we do not turn back to God. It could be a representation of what will happen in people's lives if they do not get in right relationship with God. People in my dream were seeking material things to make them happy. They were spending money on things of this earth instead of on eternal things as Jesus taught us in Matthew 6.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Living with an eternal focus is the way to live. In my dream there were very few people living in this manner and yet they couldn't figure out why their world was falling apart all around them. I was distraught in them not listening to me. My heart was breaking to see children in such situations. Oh how I pray for people to realize what needs done in their spiritual lives before it gets too bad. It takes a deep faith to live in these days. It takes depending on His strength instead of our own. Living out II Timothy 1:7 is a must for me. I cannot allow the fears the enemy tries to put on me to become my way of life. I must stand in God's empowerment to be strong through whatever happens. Some days I would rather go to bed and cover up my head but that is not what God has called me to do. He has called me to proclaim the Gospel and I must get better at it. If I don't live out His will, I'm not focused on eternity with Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders from this dream last night to stay focused on eternity and not the earthly aspect of life! Thank You for Doc preaching yesterday! Thank You for being with us last night with his back issues! Thank You for being with us today with whatever is ahead! Thank You for giving wisdom to the church board tonight as financial decisions are made! Thank You for Miss Clementine having a fun birthday party yesterday! Oh how I miss being with family for such times. Lord, I need an extra dose of Your loving arms wrapped around me today. I need to feel Your love in a more intentional way than ever before. These days are so, so hard. I do not want anything to get in the way of my focus on You. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way today. May Your will be accomplished through me. May You be greater than the hurts of my heart today. Thank You for the package from Carol yesterday and the gift card from Rhonda and Harold! Lord, You bless us in so many ways. I feel guilty when the tears start but I know You created me to cry when I hurt and use tears to heal me. Lord, be with Sean who is having two stents today. I pray he is in relationship with You and feels Your love during the tough days he and his family are going through. Thank You Jesus for being My Eternity! Amen.

No comments: