Wednesday, August 5, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Isaiah 61; Lamentations 3 - "Love"



Yesterday started off so nice with having breakfast at the table with Doc but within an hour he was sick again. Throughout the day I kept asking God to give me reasons to praise Him. Sometimes we have to make ourselves look for them but they are there. This morning He woke me to a song We Are Messengers sings called Love. He loves us on our 'down' days just as He loves us on our 'good' days.

Don't hang your head when you get lonely
No, I'll never leave your side
And don't go thinking you're the only—
One that can't get it right
Yeah, you got my love
Love, love, love
Down in your soul
Yeah, you got my love
Love, love
And I won't let you go

Your mercy is new every morning
Your grace sustains all of my life
You are the one that I run to
In You I am satisfied
Oh
Your mercy is new every morning
Your grace sustains all of my life
You are the one that I run to
In You I am satisfied

Today is a new day. Before I even got out of bed I prayed He would empower me to put on a garment of praise (Isaiah 61) as I stood in His love and empowerment (II Timothy 1:7) no matter what is ahead in this day. This song reminds me of Scripture my dear friend Anne has given me from Lamentations 3. In the New International Version verses nineteen through twenty-four read:

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall.
20 I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me.
21 Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”

Yes! I am so grateful for His Word that encourages me greatly. I also am grateful for people who are praying for us through these 'tough' days and for ones who call, send cards, text, etc. God is so good at providing exactly what we need. I was physically and emotionally drained yesterday and He provided a free calendar so I could rest. He provided mental capability to complete some overdue paperwork and finances that go along with it. He provided another medication to help Doc through his issues. When I was feeling worthless, He provided friends who sent messages. There are so many ways He provided yesterday and I praise Him for all of them. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You provided for us yesterday physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually! Thank You for the new day ahead! May You empower me to walk in II Timothy 1:7 so I will fully realize Lamentations 3:22-24 and walk in a garment of praise. Cleanse me so I can live this out today. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May people see/hear me live this out whether I live this house or not. Lord, I pray for a better day for Doc. I pray he will be able to get out of bed and function so he can gain strength. Thank You for Miss Clementine who is celebrating her sixth birthday today and for Junior and Linda who are celebrating their wedding anniversary! Thank You Father for being with so many people who have or are having surgeries, medical testing, etc. Larry; Linda; Kim; Daniel; David; Terri; Deanne; and many others. Father, yesterday You brought to my mind to pray for those who have lost spouses over the last fifteen months. It is hard to believe how long that list is. Lord, continue to give them Your comfort and strength to carry on in the midst of their grieving. I pray they will lean into You for Your strength. I pray the same for Brian and his family as they have sold their home and need to find housing. Thank You for being My Portion That Satisfies! Amen.

No comments: