Thursday, August 20, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 13; Philippians 4:13 - "What Faith Can Do"



The Lord took me to Psalm 13 this morning and directed me to pray for those who need to put this Scripture into practice. In The Message it reads:

Long enough, Godyou’ve ignored me long enough.
I’ve looked at the back of your head long enough. Long enough
I’ve carried this ton of trouble, lived with a stomach full of pain.
Long enough my arrogant enemies have looked down their noses at me.

Take a good look at me, God, my God; I want to look life in the eye,

So no enemy can get the best of me or laugh when I fall on my face.

I've thrown myself headlong into your arms---I'm celebrating your rescue.

I'm singing at the top of my lungs, I'm so full of answered prayers.


There are so many people who know God but have allowed the world to take over their relationship with Him. It breaks my heart to see people rely on themselves, others, the government, etc. instead of relying on God. But it really breaks my heart to see believers practicing such a life style. I can't even begin to imagine how God feels. Instead of people pressing into Him they blame Him for all their problems. Instead of praying for more of Him they walk away from Him. We must stand in His love and empowerment as II Timothy 1:7 tells us. When the days get tough, we must press into His strength more than ever before. Philippians 4:13 tells us we can do anything through His strength. The Scripture says, I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength. Not some but ALL. Woo hoo! What happens when we live such a life is realized in the last verses of this prayer in Psalm 13. We will celebrate! We will be seen as singing at the top of my lungs with praises to Him. Why? Because we will be so full of answered prayers. Will all our prayers be answered as we desire? Maybe not but they will be answered in the way best for us. 

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for Your love and empowerment! Thank You for always being with us! Thank You for the opportunities You put before me yesterday and the ones You will give me today to show Your love to others! Thank You for instantly answering my prayers and the prayers of my prayer warriors yesterday in a difficult situation! Thank You for Doc coming home! Oh Father, how I pray for continued healing in his body and for strength to be renewed. May Your strength be his strength. I pray for You to be so close to us as we adjust to this new life we are experiencing. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You be seen/heard through me in a more intentional way than ever before. I pray for Madeline as she recuperates from surgery; my friend whose husband filed for divorce; my friend waiting to hear about a full-time job; and so many others going through difficult days. Lord, may the believers who have turned away from You realize what they need to do to experience You in the fullest. May people who don't know You be told about You and begin a life filled with You. Lord, empower all believers to get better at sharing You. Empower us all to not miss any opportunities You put before us to do so. Thank You Jesus for being My Answer To Prayer! Amen.


No comments: