Friday, July 31, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 117 - "Alive & Breathing"



God woke me to the song Alive & Breathing and directed me to read Psalm 117. In The Passion Translation it reads:

Let everyone everywhere shine with praise to Yahweh!
Let it all out! Go ahead and praise him!
For he has conquered us with his great love
and his kindness has melted our hearts.
His faithfulness lasts forever and he will never fail you.
So go ahead, let it all out!
Praise Yah!
O Yah!

Wow, God! You knew I needed encouragement to praise You through these 'tough' days. You always know exactly what I need and provide emotionally, mentally, physically, financially, and most of all spiritually. This song speaks volumes to me.

Joy still comes in the morning
Hope still walks with the hurting
If you're still alive and breathing
Praise the Lord
Don't stop dancing and dreaming
There's still Good News worth repeating
So lift your head and keep singing
Praise the Lord

Woo hoo, God! This is what He gave me to preach Sunday. Psalm 61 shows how He gives us peace, hope, and courage to be who He has called us to be. This song shows how He gives us joy and hope to continue on through 'tough' days so we can be who He has called us to be. It seems like He is trying to get a message across to me. I need to get better at praising God no matter what is happening in my little world. I need to not allow the enemy any open door into my life. The only way these will be accomplished is by being more intentional on standing on II Timothy 1:7. I must allow God to empower me so His love will flow in and through me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and Scripture that encourages me greatly to praise You through these 'tough' days! Thank You for always being with me and loving on me! Thank You for Your Word that encourages me to be surrendered fully to You! Lord, I pray for Doc to be able to have nourishment today. I ask that You continue to be His strength as he deals with the effects of the chemo and the pancreatic cancer. May You be greater than his pain and side effects today. I also pray for: Peggy, Wanda, Kathy, Patti, and Joni as their Momma goes to the doctor today; David as he gets moved to Edwin-Shaw; Daniel as he awaits Petscan results; Mike Hignight as he deals with pain; Police Chief Clancy's biological and blue family as he passed away; ones who have COVID19, their family, and families of those who have passed away from it; and so many others who need to feel Your touch. Lord, I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. I praise You Father for keeping me on-track. Thank You for the blessings from yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for safety for many who are traveling! Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise! Amen. 

No comments: