Sunday, July 5, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "I Will Fear No More"


Sometimes you have days that seem like you are in a dream or having an out-of-body experience. They don't seem real yet you know they are. You continue to put one foot in front of the other not understanding how you are capable of continuing. You know beyond a shadow of a doubt you are functioning on God's supernatural strength. Last night before going to bed I prayed for pastors to preach what God gave them. I prayed for those who are regathering today for the first time, those who continue with on-line only, those who regathered and now have gone back to only on-line due to COVID19, and for those who have been gathered back for a few weeks. I prayed protection over everyone and for God's wisdom. Last night I read what a local doctor who is caring for those with COVID19 wrote and my heart broke for him. He is considered to be high risk for the virus yet he has not stopped caring for patients in the ER. He pleaded with people to be wise, social distance, wear masks, stay-at-home, etc. I get so tired of hearing people rant over these things. No matter which side they are on everyone has an opinion. It used to be you could express your opinion without any issues. It seemed like the attitude of most people was to 'agree to disagree' but that is no longer. A big issue among believers is if you do the things we are asked to do with the COVID19, you are showing fear and that means you don't trust God. I wear a mask. I have self-quarantined. I social distance. I fear but it's not human fear. I fear God. That means I respect Him. It means I walk in obedience to Him and listen to Him. It means I stand upon Paul's words in II Timothy 1:7 by loving with His love and allowing Him to empower me through the Holy Spirit to make good decisions. It means when you fear the Lord He gives peace in the midst of such things as a pandemic. It means having joy in your heart even though it breaks for what is happening around you. Oh how I pray for more people to find such a life. I pray for more people who know Him to go deeper and find His peace and joy. I pray for people to realize God disciplines for a reason and that is to make us realize He loves us enough that He desires us to live for eternity with Him. If we are not living with Him here, we can't live with Him in heaven. We must love and trust Him. I love the words to I Will Fear No More...

Even though I'm in the storm the storm is not in me
You're my courage when I worry in the dead of night
You're my strength cause I'm not strong enough to win this fight
You are greater than the battle raging in my mind

I will trust You Lord
I will Fear No More


Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for being our strength yesterday with everything that happened! Thank You for giving us Your wisdom as so many decisions had to be made! Thank You for being with Doc this morning as he has this procedure! Thank You for his blood counts going up afterr the transfusions! Thank You for his pain being gone after so many bags of antibiotics! Father, You are so good and we love You immensely. I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me up with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. May You put opportunities before me to share Your love today. I pray for Your continued supernatural strength for the day ahead. Lord, as I prayed last night I want to bring before you all pastors. I pray for all who will be preaching Your Word to have open ears to You. I pray for those who are regathering for the first time such as Scott, Mike, and many others. I also pray for those: who regathered and now have gone back to only on-line; those who continue with just on-line; those who haven't regathered yet; and those who have regathered and continue to do so. May every pastor be blessed today in a special way. I pray people will watch our service tonight even though it will be at a different time. I also pray for people who don't normally have anything to do with God or church to listen to a sermon today that will make a difference in their life. Father, thank You for pictures of Amanda and her family celebrating the Fourth of July. Oh how it blessed my heart to see them! Thank You for Tiffany who brought my dinner over to me! What a blessing she is to have for a neighbor and friend! Thank You for Rhonda who kept Mordecei yesterday and over night to help me! You have put people in my life that bless us in abundance and for that I so grateful! Lord, whatever the day holds I know You are with me. You are in control and already know the outcome. For that I am grateful. Thank You for being My Peace and Joy! Amen.

No comments: