Friday, July 24, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 34:8; Romans 8:28 - "Child In Your Arms"


I was thinking about that saying ‘life is the pits’ as I put a cherry in my mouth and spit out the seed. I ate the sweet part of the cherry and spit the hard part out. Isn’t that what we do when we are going through ‘hard’ times? We lean into Jesus more and allow His sweet taste to be in us while we ‘spit out’ what is ‘hard’! Taste and see that the Lord is good (Psalm 34:8). Yes! That is exactly what I need to do today after a night of little sleep, a trip to the ER, Doc’s pain returning after I got him back home, etc. Urgh! Taste and see that the Lord is good. I am going to remind myself of this verse throughout the day. I am going to bask in His presence so He can fill my tank to overflowing with more of Him. I am going to be more intentional in standing in His love and empowerment as II Timothy 1:7 encourages me to do. I can ‘do’ this day because He is my strength. He is right here with me. Not only that but He knows what I am going through and what I need to get through it. ‘Life is the pits’ is something I can relate to but it also is something that reminds me of Who is with me to get rid of the ‘hard’ parts. They may not go away but they will be taken care of by my Heavenly Daddy. I am in awe of Him. He loves me so much and never gives up on me. I cannot give up on Him either. I must continue to fight the good fight of faith as He led me to preach on last Sunday. The sermons are as much or more for me as for others. Yesterday He reminded me of Romans 8:28…And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. It doesn’t say ‘some things’ but it says ‘all things.’ I must remember God is taking the ‘hard’ days we are going through and using them for His glory as we allow Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for doctors, hospital, medications, etc. that are available when we have a need! Thank You for loving us so much that You are always with us! Thank You for continuing to be with Doc as he experiences this awful pain! Lord, we need to feel Your presence...we need to feel Your strength. Cleanse us so You can fill us to overflowing with more of You. I don't know what is ahead in this day but I know I need Your strength. Father, be with Terra as she has surgery today; David as he continues to recover from his accident; Debbie and her family; and all who are going through 'hard' days. Thank You for being My Heavenly Daddy! Amen.

 

No comments: