Wednesday, July 29, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 73 - "Even If"


The Lord took me to Psalm 73 this morning. After reading it in different versions I settled into The Passion Translation. The first part of this Psalm speaks of how we look around and see people who are not following Him seem to be living a very blessed life. A lot of times it appears like they have no problems in the world. They are happy, carefree, and go about their daily lives with no issues. Outside appearances do not always reflect the heart. People who are not following Him are finding 'happiness' in the world. That will not last. When we follow Him, He will be our eternity and that is where true contentment is found. Verses twenty-three through twenty-eight are ones we all need to remember.

23 Yet, in spite of all this, you comfort me by your counsel;
you draw me closer to you.
24 You lead me with your secret wisdom.
And following you brings me into your brightness and glory!
25 Whom have I in heaven but you? You’re all I want!
No one on earth means as much to me as you.
26 Lord, so many times I fail; I fall into disgrace.
But when I trust in you, I have a strong and glorious presence
protecting and anointing me. Forever you’re all I need!
27 Those who abandon the worship of God will perish.
The false and unfaithful will be silenced, never heard from again.
28 But I’ll keep coming closer and closer to you, Lord Yahweh,
for your name is good to me. I’ll keep telling the world of
your awesome works, my faithful and glorious God!


Yes! Even when we long to have a 'quiet' life with no problems He is there to draw our focus back on where it needs to be. I get weary with all that is going on in our life. Sometimes I just wish life could be 'normal' but then I realize there is no such thing. I am thankful for the reminders of this Psalm. I must continue to trust God through every second of every day. But when I trust in you, I have a strong and glorious presence protecting and anointing me. Forever you’re all I need! Yes! Trusting Him...walking in His presence...allowing Him to lead me where He desires. That is where my best life will be found. As I stand upon His love and empowerment as II Timothy 1:7 tells me I will be blessed in abundance. Praising Him throughout the 'tough' days is the best way to live. Giving Him glory when life is falling apart is the best way to use our time. Knowing He is answering our prayers even when they are not the way we desire gives peace in the midst of the storms of life. Having the knowledge that when He leaves mountains unmovable He knows what He is doing gives comfort.

They say it only takes a little faith
To move a mountain
Good thing
A little faith is all I have right now
But God, when You choose
To leave mountains unmovable
Give me the strength to be able to sing
It is well with my soul

I know You're able and I know You can
Save through the fire with Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone
I know the sorrow, and I know the hurt
Would all go away if You'd just say the word
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder that You know best! Thank You for being Who I need and filling my needs! Father, sometimes I don't know how I am going to get through another day and then You remind me I am not alone on this journey. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be greater than me today through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Lord, once again I pray today would be a better day for Doc. I pray he would be able to get up out of bed and be able to function. Thank You for giving me the desire and strength to take a walk last evening! Thank You for him waking up hungry! I pray the food will stay in and provide nutrition for him. Lord, I also pray for: Daniel who is having a pet scan today; Avanel who received results from her testing; families who are making decisions about the upcoming school year; Terri Long; Mike Hignight with pain; Debbie Handwerk and her family; safety for Bob and Beth as they travel today; and for the enemy to get a swift kick as he is making people say and do nasty things with COVID19 issues such as masks. Thank You for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: