Saturday, July 25, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Romans 8:28 - "The God Who Stays"


Throughout the night when we were awake God had the song The God Who Stays going through my mind. He does stay with us no matter what we do or don't do. When we miss an opportunity He puts before us, He doesn't leave us but instead stays right beside us. If we do something we shouldn't, He doesn't turn His back on us but instead loves on us. What a blessing to be in relationship with Him.

You're the God who stays
You're the God who stays
You're the one who runs in my direction
When the whole world walks away
You're the God who stands
With wide open arms
And You tell me nothing I have ever done can separate my heart
From the God who stays

I love the word picture from this song. He runs toward us when we feel like everyone else has turned their backs on us. He is always there with His arms open so we can run into them. His strength is our strength as we accept it. His empowerment is ours as we live a life of obedience to Him. I love how the song continues...

My shame can't separate
My guilt can't separate
My past can't separate
I'm Yours forever
My sin can't separate
My scars can't separate
My failures can't separate
I'm Yours forever
No enemy can separate
No power of hell can take away
Your love for me will never change
I'm Yours forever

Yes! Nothing we do can separate us from His love. The enemy may fight hard to take us away from God but he can't win unless we allow him. God loves us so very much and desires to see us succeed in a life sold out to Him. He doesn't want to see us fail. My thoughts go back to two verses this morning. As I live out His love and empowerment of II Timothy 1:7 I will realize Romans 8:28 in a great way. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for getting us through the last forty-eight hours! Thank You for Your strength and empowerment! Thank You for a little more rest last night! Thank You for Doc getting a little relief from the pain! Thank You for providing Michelle at the pharmacy when the pharmacist said 'no' to filling the medication! Thank You for the cost of the medication being affordable when it was denied by the insurance! Thank You for our friends Terry and Miriam who came and prayed with us, brought flowers and a gift card! Thank You for our friends Elizabeth and Ron who gave us a Food Lion card! Thank You for Terra's surgery going well; for a family member getting the report of no cancer from a pet scan; and David being kept at the facility another week! Thank You for providing strength in the day ahead to do whatever You put before me! I know of some things but I'm sure there will be other things You desire. I pray for work to be completed at the building today and for my sermon to be finished this afternoon. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. I'm feeling like I'm running on empty in my physical and emotional tanks but I know You will provide. Thank You for being My God Who Stays! Amen.

No comments: