Tuesday, July 7, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Leaning On The Ever Lasting Arms"


I woke up with the hymn Leaning on The Everlasting Arms this morning and immediately was blessed with the knowledge that God is always here for us to lean into. The last part that goes like this is how I feel...
  1. What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
    Leaning on the everlasting arms?
    I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
    Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Yes! There is such peace when we lean into Jesus! His strength is ours when we allow Him. There is a lift in our step as we walk down trails of unknown when we walk in Him. What a blessing to live in such a manner. The more I live out II Timothy 1:7 in my life, the more I realize God's greatness. I do not have to fear whatever the day, week, month, or year holds. All I have to do is allow God to work in and through me. I do not have to fret over what I do or don't do. He leads me and when I miss something He shows it to me. I do not have to worry about pleasing Him because I know I am pleasing Him as I live a life of obedience to Him. I'm so thankful for the life I have with Him. I am thankful for the way He speaks to me through His Word, music, other people, and most of all Himself. I love to hear Him say "daughter..." Woo hoo! What a blessed life I live. I wish more people lived such a life. I need to do better at sharing Him so more people will come into relationship with Him. I know so many people who need His peace. Some people recognize it while others do not. Oh how I pray for more people to get to the end of themselves and realize life with Him in the fullest.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your peace! Thank You for Your strength! Oh how I need more of You! Thank You for Doc being home! Father, I pray for Your healing touch upon him from the side effects he is having from medication. I also pray for wisdom regarding chemo this week. I pray Your will is for him to not go through treatment tomorrow but Father You know best. I pray for the oncologist to have Your wisdom. May You continue to be Doc's strength during these tough days. I pray for strength for myself as my body is retaliating to what it has been through these last few days. May You strengthen every fiber of my physical being in a mighty way today. I pray for: Sharon as she undergoes a test this morning; Peggy's Mom as she undergoes testing this week; David and his family as he continues to heal from the bike accident; Joanne and her husband with his heart issues; my sister Linda as she continues to wait on her doctor appointment; Terri as she awaits her appointment; and Jack Browning's brother who is having surgery today or tomorrow. May they both know You are with them and may their families be comforted while they wait. Thank You for Dale's good appointment yesterday! May You continue to be his Healer. Thank You for Betty who brought over a meal last night! What a blessing our neighbors are to us! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. Thank You for being The One I Lean Into! Amen.

No comments: