Wednesday, July 22, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Numbers 6:24-26 - "The Blessing"


Every time we were awake during the night the Lord had the song The Blessing going through my mind. He does bless us in abundance even during the 'tough' days with Doc's health. Yesterday was a blessing with having the money to pay for the HVAC repair with no worries because friends had been obedient to the Holy Spirit's nudging to send us money. We have insurances, taxes, etc. due in the summer and normally have money put back to cover all of them. Due to COVID19 the ways to make the extra money were no longer available. Therefore, it was looking bleak but God provided. What a blessing! The words to this song come from Numbers 6:24-26. The song continues with...

May His presence go before you
And behind you and beside you
All around you and within you
He is with you, He is with you
In the morning, in the evening
In your coming and your going
In your weeping and rejoicing
He is for you, He is for you

Yes! This explains what life is like when you live in His presence. He is with You in every aspect of life. He went before us and provided for the HVAC repair. He knew our need before it ever happened. The people who sent money to us did so before the leak began. That was really cool because there was no open door to fretting over how it would be covered. God provided before the need. Wow, God! 

  • He provides for emotional needs when the tears start. 
  • He provides for the mental needs when the weariness gets in the way of making clear decisions. 
  • He provides for the physical needs when I feel like I can't put one foot in front of the other to keep moving.
  • He provides for the financial needs before they are even realized.
  • He provides for the spiritual needs in time of being in His Word and being refreshed like last night as I spent time getting my tank filled.

Plain and simple. He provides. Woo hoo! Last night one of the things that He brought out to me is we must know the difference between our 'wants' and our 'needs'! We also need to remember when we pray for His will, we must be ready to accept it! What a blessing to dig deeper into Scripture I have studied many times and yet be reminded of truths that may have gone along the wayside in my thinking. I know the only way I can stand on II Timothy 1:7 in the day ahead is to be living in His presence. That is where I will find the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to stand in His love. Oh how I desire for people to see/hear Him instead of me today.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for providing for my needs and sometimes even my wants! Thank You for going before me and providing exactly what I need, sometimes before the need is ever realized! Thank You again for those who provided for our HVAC repair! Thank You for putting us together with repairmen who walk with You! Thank You for Doc waking up this morning and wanting breakfast! Father, be with the oncologist today as they determine if he will have chemo or not. I pray he will feel better today and if he does have chemo I pray he will have strength to endure the side effects. Lord, continue to be with: Mike Hignight; Debbie Handwerk and her family; Kandi Brooks; Cassie Garrison; Daniel Ingram as he awaits his pet scan; Judy Sampson; Craig Rench; David Laurilla; my friends with him in treatment; and many others who are going through difficult days. Lord, I praise You for Rhonda Hair's granddaughter doing well through another treatment and for You being with my Momma yesterday as it was their wedding anniversary. May Your presence be realized by all. Thank You Jesus for being My Provider! Amen.


No comments: