Monday, July 13, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 19 - "Stay Strong"


God woke me again to the song Stay Strong...

Stay strong
You are not lost
Come on and fix your eyes ahead
There's a new dawn to light our day, our day
You've gotta stay strong
You and I run
For the prize that lies ahead
We've come too far to lose our way, our way

I know there is a reason for God to keep this song in the forefront of my mind. Maybe because the days are getting harder He wants to remind me to keep my faith strong. I cannot allow our circumstances to pull me away from being who God has called me to be. I cannot give up having faith that He is with us and will give us strength. I cannot quit living out II Timothy 1:7 in His empowerment and love. I cannot give up believing. Plain and simple. I cannot quit having faith in God. This morning He took me to Psalm 19. Verses eleven to fourteen read in The Message:

There’s more: God’s Word warns us of danger
    and directs us to hidden treasure.
Otherwise how will we find our way?
    Or know when we play the fool?
Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh!
    Keep me from stupid sins,
    from thinking I can take over your work;
Then I can start this day sun-washed,
    scrubbed clean of the grime of sin.
These are the words in my mouth;
    these are what I chew on and pray.
Accept them when I place them
    on the morning altar,
O God, my Altar-Rock,
    God, Priest-of-My-Altar.


I see this song and Scripture as His way of warning me to Stay Strong in my faith through these tough days. The only way to get through such days is to focus on Him instead of our problems. This picture reminds me of better days. At the time, we thought the days were 'bad' but it seems like they are much worse now. I would love a day where Doc feels like going out to pick daffodils, eat lunch, etc. but those days just don't seem to happen anymore. My heart is sad and that sadness can take my focus off of the One who is always here for me. I don't want to not be right in relationship with Him. I don't want my desires to come before what He desires. His will is what I need to stay focused on but if my mind is thinking about what I want instead of what He desires my focus will be off. Psalm 19 tells us to repent before Him each day so He can cleanse us. That is exactly what I do. I do not want to miss any opportunity He puts before me to love with His love. If I am focused on the Doc's health, I am not able to focus on God. It is so hard some days as I watch him be in bed so much and not up functioning. I have to remember God is with us. He is our Strength. He is our Hope. He is our Peace in the Midst of the Storm. Plain and simple. He is All We Need. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Doc preaching yesterday! Thank You for the way You spoke through him! Thank You for giving him strength for the morning! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. Oh how I pray for my focus to not be on Doc's health but on You so I do not miss any opportunity You put before me. May You be greater than his physical battles today. May he feel Your presence in a very intentional way. Father, I pray the same for my friend who is being tested for cancer. May You be their Peace during these tough days. I pray for all with COVID19 to feel Your strength. I pray for all of the front-line workers to have Your wisdom. I pray for all leaders who are making decisions that effect many to look to You for answers. Lord, there are so many people who are messed up in their thinking right now. There are so many believers who are allowing the enemy open doors into their lives. Lord, help us all to be focused on You. Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.

No comments: