Wednesday, July 8, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Jer 29:11; Matt 11:28-29; Isaiah 40:29-31; Phil 4:19; John 14:27 - "Waymaker"


I love when I wake up to a song that encourages me. This morning it is Michael W. Smith's song called Waymaker.

Waymaker
Miracle Worker
Promise Keeper
Light in the darkness
My God
That is who You are

Even when I don't see it, You're working
Even when I can't feel it, You're working
You never stop, You never stop working
You never stop, You never stop working

Yes! Even when we can't see how He is working we can be assured He is. Every time I stop and think about Doc still being on this earth after fifteen months with Stage Four Pancreatic Cancer I realize God is still working. He has made the way for Doc to continue living. That is a miracle in itself. He has been a Light in such a dark situation as He continues to provide strength for tough days. This morning I am reminded of many promises from God that encourage me to not give up but instead to stand in His love and empowerment as II Timothy 1:7 tells me. I am encouraged as I read His Word that is full of promises.

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29

He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.  John 14:27

These promises found in God's Word are for all of us. As we read His Word we can be encouraged as we allow Him to live in and through us. We can be strengthened by Him as we allow Him to have full reign in our life. There is no better place to live than to be in the place where we not only feel His love and empowerment but walk in obedience to His will. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Word that encourages me greatly! Thank You for this song that reminds me who You are! Thank You for the rest we received yesterday! Thank You for ten hours of rest last night! You are so good at providing what we need! Thank You for providing for our truck to be paid off! Thank You for all the people who continue to pray for us! Sometimes I feel like people are probably thinking 'here she is again asking for prayer' but I am thankful for those who pray for us. I also am grateful for the way You answer prayers. Thank You for protection when limbs broke off the tree yesterday and didn't cause damage! Thank You for the peace You continue to put in our hearts in the midst of the storms in life! Thank You for Doc not having chemo today! Thank You for continued strengthening in his body! I pray against the side effects of the medication he is taking. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I do not know what is ahead in this day but I pray if I have contact with anyone they will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May You be greater than anything that happens today. Thank You for Mike Pelley's surgery going well yesterday! I pray for healing over Shelvey and Wanda as they go through their battles. Thank You Jesus for being My Waymaker! Amen.

No comments: