Friday, July 3, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Bring The Rain"


I am so grateful for the knowledge that I do not have to do life on my own strength. I do not know how people get through life without God and His strength. Yesterday was another 'tough' day. It seems like that is the only kind we have anymore but that is ok because God is with us. I was amazed at the peace I had when the doctor told us Doc was being admitted to the hospital. We have tried to stay away from places during the time of COVID19 but especially places such as the hospital. I was so blessed with being able to be with him in the emergency room. Being able to hear what the doctors said was wonderful but just being able to walk through this experience with him instead of being in the car was the best part. When the doctor asked if I had any questions, I told him keeping Doc safe from COVID19 was my main concern. He assured me he was safer in there than other places he could be and smiled. I continue to pray for his protection along with mine as I go there. I'm so grateful for hospitals, doctors, nurses, etc. I'm grateful for the wisdom God gives them. As I start a new day I will be more intentional in standing on II Timothy 1:7 so He can pour His love into me along with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. I also will be more intentional in keeping my focus on Him so I do not miss any opportunity He puts before me. This morning I am praising God for...
  • the peace He continues to give in tough situations
  • medical testing done to find such things as what Doc is going through
  • medication that gives Doc relief from the intense pain
  • my four-legged buddy who is a great companion even though he was up four times during the night
  • doctors, nurses, hospitals, etc.
  • protection over both of us from germs/viruses at the hospital
  • the way He will empower me throughout whatever is ahead in this day
  • answers to prayer
  • FaceTime for our nighttime prayers last night
I am reminded this morning of the song Bring The Rain...

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus Bring the Rain

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being with us yesterday and giving us Your peace! Thank You for the antibiotics Doc is getting for the infection! Thank You for giving him relief from the pain through the medication! Lord, I pray for You be so close to Him throughout these days. I ask that You fill Him up with Your love so it oozes out of him every time a nurse, doctor, technician, etc. enters his room. Lord, cleanse me so You can do the same for me. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. Father, I am so tired with getting up so much with Mordecei during the night. I pray for Your strength to take over my body. I also pray You will continue to give Doc's body what it needs today. I pray for so many who are grieving but especially with John and his family with his brother's death. I also pray for my friend who is awaiting COVID19 test results. Lord, give them all Your peace and strength. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: