Tuesday, July 21, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 117 - "Provider"



Throughout the night every time I was awake the Lord had the words to the song Provider going through my mind. This song has been prevalent in my heart over the last week or so. I know God is encouraging me. I also know I must be missing something since He continues to put it before me. The writer, Cade Thompson, wrote of this song: God is in the details and I wanted this song to remind people of that. It’s real. He cares about the details. He cares. That in itself should be enough to get us through 'tough' days. But what if it isn't? What if we get to the point where we don't know how to pray anymore? That is where I was last night when Doc and I had our prayer time before going to sleep. I'm not giving up praying for him to be healed but I need to take a step back and ponder upon what a healing looks like for him. I don't know if God will miraculously heal him but I know He could. I don't know if God will heal him through doctors, medication, treatments, etc. but I know He could. I don't know if God will heal him through death but I know He could. Plain and simple. I believe God will heal him. The hard part is in the waiting. It is so hard to watch him suffering from pain and side effects. After almost fifteen months I am to the point where I do not what to pray. This song says...

Even on my darkest day you show me where the light is
You’re my Provider
And when my strength is gone I know where to find it
You’re my provider


These are some dark days we are living. Not only are we contending with the cancer in Doc's pancreas but we also have COVID19 to deal with. As I said in the sermon Sunday, 'we cannot give up on God.' He has always and will always be faithful in loving and providing for us.

You have always been
You will always be
Your faithful hand is holding onto me


Yes He is faithful and yes He is holding onto me. I would not be able to get through these days if He wasn't. I cannot forget this truth. He won't let me forget it. This morning He took me to Psalm 117 which is very short with only two verses. It reads in The Passion Translation:

A praise psalm
Let everyone everywhere shine with praise to Yahweh!
Let it all out! Go ahead and praise him!
For he has conquered us with his great love
and his kindness has melted our hearts.
His faithfulness lasts forever and he will never fail you.
So go ahead, let it all out!
Praise Yah!
O Yah!


Woo hoo! We need to praise Him through the 'tough' days. We need to allow Him to live in and through us, especially in the 'tough' days. He will be faithful to us and we need to be faithful to Him. The more we praise Him, the easier the 'tough' days will be. The more we focuse on Him instead of our situation, the better He will be able to empower us to live as He desires. I praise Him this morning for starting my day off with encouraging my heart to stay focused on Him. I praise Him for this song and Scripture that point me to Him. I praise Him for knowing exactly what I needed today. Plain and simple. I praise Him!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this Scripture and song that encourage me greatly as I begin another day! Father, empower me to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in a more intentional way today. May You cleanse me so Your words, actions, attitude, and thoughts will ooze out of me. Father, may today be a better day for Doc. May the pain be less, the side effects be less, his strength to increase, and You to shine brightly through him. Father, as we said last night we don't know how to pray anymore. We know You are here for us and we also know You are not going to leave us. Strengthen our faith, Lord, strengthen our faith. Lord, I pray for our dear friends who are facing something new today as one goes into treatment. Be so very real to both of them and let them know You are not going to leave them during the 'tough' days they are experiencing. May their faith grow and not diminish through this time. Encourage their hearts with putting people around them who will love them with Your love. My heart breaks for their situation. May You be greater than what is going on. Thank You Jesus for being Our Provider! Amen.

No comments: