Wednesday, July 1, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 149 - "Alive & Breathing"


The Lord took me to Psalm 149 this morning. I questioned Him because He has had me in Psalm 150 multiple times over the last couple of weeks. He assured me it was Psalm 149 so I read it in different translations and asked Him to reveal to me what He desired of me to receive from it. I believe He knows I need reminded to praise Him with the 'tough' days we are going through. I also know I need to stay focused on Him throughout such days so the enemy has no room into our lives. We must stand upon II Timothy 1:7 more intentionally than ever before. We must allow Him to love on and empower us. The first five verses of Psalm 149 are about how we can have joy in our lives. I was reminded that when we keep our focus right we will have such joy.

Jesus
Others
Yourself

Verses four and five of this Psalm read in The Passion Translation:

For he enjoys his faithful lovers.
He adorns the humble with his beauty
and he loves to give them the victory.
His godly lovers triumph in the glory of God,
and their joyful praises will rise even while others sleep.

He loves us all and wants what is best for us. Sometimes that may not be what we want but we must remember what He wants is what we should desire. If we pray for His will, we must be ready to accept His will. When we live a life of obedience, it is easier to pray in this manner and accept it. I keep praying for His will to include a healing in Doc while on this earth. That has not happened after almost fourteen months since being diagnosed with cancer in his pancreas. I'm not going to give up praying. I know He is still in the miracle making business and still can perform a miraculous healing. Until the day comes when He heals him on this earth or heals him by taking him to heaven I need to be more intentional in praising Him. Matthew Henry wrote of the above verses:

Let his saints employ their waking hours upon their beds in songs of praise. Let them rejoice, even upon the bed of death, assured that they are going to eternal rest and glory.

Yes! We must praise Him through these difficult days. We must praise Him through all the uncertainty and remember He already knows the outcome. We must praise Him in life and in death. Plain and simple. We must praise Him. Once again this morning He has the song Alive & Breathing going through my mind.

Joy still comes in the morning
Hope still walks with the hurting
If you're still alive and breathing
Praise the Lord
Don't stop dancing and dreaming
There's still Good News worth repeating
So lift your head and keep singing
Praise the Lord

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the strength You provided to us to get through yesterday and last night! Thank You for the strength You will provide us today! Father, I pray for relief for Doc from this pain. I ask that You give his body peace so he can function. I pray for Your strength for him as he goes to his oncologist appointment. Lord, these days are so, so hard. I know as I keep my focus on You the path will be enlightened. Thank You for that knowledge. Lord, throughout the night You had me pray for many people. I don't know if I can remember all of them but I do remember praying for: Donna; Mike Dennis; Darrel; Terri; David; Patrick; the unrest and division in our country; the president and other government leaders; David as he visits his children; Joanne and her husband; my sister Linda; my Momma; our children and grandchildren; Valerie; and those who are grieving. Lord, thank You for the rain You provided last night that made everything so pretty and green. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude today in a new, different way. I pray for our Adult Bible Study tonight to be enlightening for all involved. Father, continue to be with our church body and other churches who continue to meet only on-line. May You be the glue to keep us together in these strange times. Thank You for being My Joy! Amen.

No comments: