Friday, July 17, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:10-14 - "Provider"



God woke me during the night to ponder upon Paul's words to the Philippians church in chapter four, verses ten through fourteen. 

I’m glad in God, far happier than you would ever guess—happy that you’re again showing such strong concern for me. Not that you ever quit praying and thinking about me. You just had no chance to show it. Actually, I don’t have a sense of needing anything personally. I’ve learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I’m just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I’ve found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. I don’t mean that your help didn’t mean a lot to me—it did. It was a beautiful thing that you came alongside me in my troubles. (MSG)

He specifically had me pondering upon I’ve learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. We watched a TV show last night where a man traveled around the world looking for kindness. He found it more so in people who had nothing than those who could afford to show kindness to him. One couple were living in their van and offered him to spend the night with them and their toddler. Another couple's home was nothing more than a shack with a dirt floor. The stories went on and on. The people who showed kindness to him lived out Jesus' love. This show made me think about when I was growing up and we went through tough times to make ends meet when my mother or father were sick. People showered us with food, money, etc. As I think back on that time and the people who  provided for us I realize many did not have enough for themselves yet they gave. Philippians 4:13 in The New King James Version reads, I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. In The Message it reads, Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. That last part speaks volumes to me. God is the One who created me. He is the One who walks with me and gives me exactly what I need. He does this in every aspect of my life. When I was going through the MS diagnosis and God gave me this verse, I thought He was talking in the physical sense. I soon realized it was in the mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual sense too. The 'whole ball of wax' so to speak. Woo hoo, God! He continues to give me exactly what I need, when I need it. Yesterday was a tough day emotionally with Doc having such a rough day. God knew I needed encouraged and he did so with a conversation with Ellsworths last night. He knew I needed a hug and when I allowed Sissy to give them to me, I knew it was ok. He knew what I needed emotionally and provided. When we found out the estimate for the HVAC repair, it was no surprise He had already provided for it through generous people who had no idea about the repair. He knew what we needed financially and provided. I am reminded this morning of a song called Provider and feeling very blessed in knowing that is exactly who God is in my life.

'Cuz what you give me Lord is more than I desire
You're my Provider
When I lose my way You lead me through the fire
You're my Provider
Even on my darkest day You show me where the light is
You're my Provider
And when my strength is gone I know where to find it
You're my Provider


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the twelve hours of sleep last night! Yesterday was a tough day and took everything out of me. Thank You for providing rest! Thank You for giving Doc strength to go for a walk last night after having such a hard day physically! Oh Father, I pray for healing in his body so he can eat and keep food in. I pray for You to be so real to him today. Lord, he needs to feel Your supernatural strength. Father, I pray for continued strength and protection over my Momma and others who are susceptible to COVID19. I also pray for continued healing in David's body from the accident and in Craig's body from the stroke. Thank You for providing for Joanne's husband yesterday with the heart cath! May You be greater than what they are dealing with in their current situations. Thank You for the encouragement we received from our visit with Ellsworths last night! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You so Your love oozes out of me. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. Thank You Jesus for being My Provider! Amen.

No comments: