Sunday, July 19, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Numbers 6:24-26 - "The Hurt & The Healer"


Many times being awake on a Saturday night means many times of praying for pastors. Last night God had me pray for...
  • Pastors to preach what He desires and to do it boldly. I prayed for myself to follow His lead.
  • Dr. Paul Cunningham's family as they go through these first days of losing him from this earth.
  • Pastors who are dealing with disease in their own bodies or in family members to realize He is their strength. I specifically prayed for Doc to lean into Him more during these 'tough' days.
  • Pastors and their families who are dealing personally with COVID19. (Jay Hawes and Gary Rupert) Also, pastors as they make hard decisions during the pandemic.
  • Pastors who have people who are disgruntled with them or the church to realize they need to take the first step to reconcile.
  • Dave and Dawn Boots who will have their last Sunday with the Coshocton Church today. I prayed for them to continue to listen to God's will for their lives.
After waking up I read Pastor Kevin Seymour's father had taken his last breath on this earth. What an emotional time it is when we lose a parent. Those who are believers are comforted in knowing they are at peace but there is still the loss. I prayed for His peace over this family.

As I reflected back over these prayers the song The Hurt & The Healer came to my mind. Pastors carry a heavy load. They try to balance their family life along with their church life. Many times the balance becomes off and there is hurt to either their family or their church. This song shows us how we need to give everything to Him and allow His will to be accomplished in our entire being. Nothing can or should be done on our own but rather needs to be God's will. This is not just for pastors but for everyone. 

So here I am
What's left of me
Where glory meets my suffering

I'm alive
Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I fall into your arms open wide
When the hurt and the healer collide

It's the moment when humanity
Is overcome by majesty
When grace is ushered in for good
And all our scars are understood
When mercy takes it's rightful place
And all these questions fade away
When out of the weakness we must bow
And hear You say "It's over now"

Yes! This is what He desires of all of us. He desires us to seek His will and allow Him to live it out in and through us. The song continues...

Jesus come and break my fear
Wake my heart and take my tears
Find Your glory even here
When the hurt and the healer collide

Yes! The way for this to be accomplished is by living out II Timothy 1:7. When we allow the Holy Spirit to empower us to love with His love instead of allowing the enemy to place fear upon us, we will be living out His will. That is where His peace and love are realized to the greatest ability. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for bringing many pastors and situations to my prayers during the night! I continue to pray for: pastors to preach what You desire and to preach boldly; Dr. Cunningham's family as they mourn his passing; Doc and other pastors who are dealing with disease to lean into You more than ever before; Jay Hawes Family and Gary Rupert as they personally deal with COVID19; pastors making hard decisions during this pandemic; pastors who have people disgruntled with them or the church to realize they need to take the first step to reconciliation; and Dave and Dawn Boots as they have their last Sunday at the Coshocton Church. I also pray for Kevin Seymour with the loss of his earthly father. I pray Numbers 6:24-26 over every pastor this morning. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray when I preach today people will not see/hear me but instead will see/hear You. I pray for Your presence to ooze out of me in a mighty way. Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for being My Healer! Amen.

No comments: