Thursday, July 23, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Reason"


I woke up this morning to the song Reason that Unspoken sings on my mind. The beginning of this song is probably how many people feel about 2020.

This year’s felt like four seasons of winter
And you’d give anything to feel the sun
Always reaching always climbing
Always second guessing the timing
But God has a plan a purpose in this
You are His child and don’t you forget

Wow! This describes this year to a 't'! It seems like nothing has gone 'right' yet when we stop and think about it God is still in control. I thought 2020 was going to be the year Doc was healed from pancreatic cancer. So far that hasn't happened but he's still alive and breathing and that is a miracle in itself. I thought 2020 would be the year I was ordained but the service has been postponed once again. I thought 2020 would be the year we moved into the church building. That hasn't happened yet but we sure are closer than we have ever been. "I thought..." That's what I get for thinking...lol. 2020 has been challenging but God continues to be in control of every aspect of my life. What I think is not always what happens but it definitely is what God desires to happen. I just have to continue living in His empowerment and love as II Timothy 1:7 directs. I have to remember the enemy wants me to fail but that cannot happen when I remember...

His love is the reason
To keep on believing
When you feel like giving up
When you feel like giving in
His love is the reason
To keep on believing

Yes! I must not quit walking in His will. The only way I can continue is by living a life of obedience so I can not only hear His voice but I can do what He directs. Woo hoo! His love and empowerment will see me through these 'tough' days with COVID19. They will see me through the 'tough' days with the cancer in Doc's pancreas. His love will heal my hurts and give me the strength to put one foot in front of the other today as I function on little sleep. His love will empower me to not only get through the day ahead but will shine brightly through me as I allow Him. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for this song that encourages me to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in a more intentional way in the day ahead! Thank You for the strength You will provide as I function on little sleep! Father, I pray just as we prayed last night for today to be a better day for Doc. May he feel Your supernatural strength today in a new, different way. May his body function with Your supernatural empowerment. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I need Your supernatural strength in a mighty way today. I pray for clarity as I meet with the tree service and as I finish the sermon You have given me to preach Sunday. Thank You for friends who continue to pray for us! Lord, You are so good in all the ways You encourage us! Thank You for being My Reason! Amen.

No comments: