Sunday, July 12, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Hebrews 12:1; I Corinthians 9; Philippians 3:13-14; Isaiah 40:31 - "Stay Strong"


The Lord woke me multiple times during the night to pray for pastors. I love my Saturday night prayer times as He has me pray for them. The first time it was for more pastors to realize the need to be in God's Word. The second time was for pastors who are discouraged about the decisions they must make due to COVID19. He told me to pray for them to realize they do not have to make any decision on their own but instead need to allow Him to guide them. Multiple times He woke me to pray for pastors to realize how much He loves them. I found that interesting because I would think all pastors would realize His love but we are human. The enemy loves to get into the heads of people but especially to tear those in leadership away from Him. This morning He woke me to the words of Stay Strong by the Newsboys...  

Get up, there's further to go
Get up, there's more to be done
Get up, this witness is sure
Get up, this race can be won
This race can be won
We've gotta stay strong
You are not lost
Come on and fix your eyes ahead
Our Father's dawn will light our day, our day
Come on and stay strong


Yes! He will light our way when we allow Him. He will strengthen us and empower us when we allow Him. But for Him to do these things we must be in relationship where we not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to it. We cannot do things on our own but instead must live in His presence so He can live in and through us. There are so many people in relationship with Him yet are not living to the extent they could be with Him. Too many people are content with stopping at salvation when they could be experiencing more by dying to self and allowing Him to have complete control of every aspect of life. We cannot allow the enemy an open door into our lives. Instead we must stand in God's love and empowerment that Paul wrote of in II Timothy 1:7. As we live this type of life, we can win the race. Paul wrote about winning the race in various Scripture. He tells us in Hebrews 12:1 to let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. In I Corinthians 9 Paul wrote about how we need to be disciplined to win the race. He told Timothy in II Timothy 4:7 that he had fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. He tells us in Philippians 3:13-14 the way to win the race is to forget about the past and press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. I am reminded this morning again of the wise words found in Isaiah 40:31. 

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

The way to win the race is by waiting on Him when decisions need made. We must seek Him at all time but especially during times of making decisions. Every decision must be a God-made decision. We do not have to do anything or make any decision on our own. He desires to do everything for us. When we realize this, we will receive His peace in abundance.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another Saturday night of praying for pastors! Thank You for being with my pastor throughout the night as he dealt with pain! I pray You will give Doc strength today as he preaches. I pray for healing in his body from everything that needs Your healing touch. I pray for my friends David and Michael who were on vacation last week and my friend Kevin who was away with his family for a few days to all be refreshed as they preach today. I praise You for pastors who take time away to be refreshed and renewed. May them and their families be blessed through such time. I also pray for pastors who have not taken time to realize it is a necessity not only for their family but especially for them personally. Lord, You had me pray during the night and I pray once again for more pastors to realize the depth of Your love for them. Father, I pray this morning for a cleansing in my spirit so You can flow in and through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray for more of You and less of me. I ask for healing in my back so the pain is not a distraction to what You desire of me. Thank You Father for being My Everything! Amen.

No comments: