Wednesday, June 3, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Your Name Is Power"


Last night and again this morning the song Your Name Is Power has been going through my mind. I heard it on the radio and also when I was listening to Chad Bohi on-line. I receive such a peace as he sings and was grateful when I came across his sharing last night. The words to this song are ones that 'hit' me in so many different ways today.

You're the only answer to the darkness
You're the only right among the wrong
You're the only hope among the chaos
You are the voice that calls me on
Louder than every lie
My sword in every fight
The truth will chase away the night

Yes! He is the only answer to the darkness...right among the wrong...hope among the chaos. When going through tough times, all we have to do is say His name and He will empower us. I continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in His love and empowerment through these days with the cancer in Doc's pancreas. A loss of another eight pounds in a week for him is not easy to swallow but understandable with the lack of food intake he has. I also stand upon these words in this song:

Your name is power over darkness
Freedom for the captives
Mercy for the broken and the hopeless
Your name is faithful in the battle
Glory in the struggle
Mighty it won't let us down or fail us
Your name is power

Yes! He is more powerful than the cancer in Doc's pancreas. He is more powerful than the 'junk' with riots and protests. He is more powerful than the coronavirus. Plain and simple. He is more powerful. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for going before Doc and giving him exactly what he needs today physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You ooze out of me in a new, different way today than ever before. Lord, I pray for Doug, Gay, and their family with the loss of his mother; Tricia and her family with Allayna's sudden death; Kathy as she adjusts to life without Ron at her side; and others who are grieving not only the loss of loved ones but also the loss of jobs, finances, etc. Lord, be greater than the things that come before me today. Thank You Jesus for being My Empowerment! Amen.

No comments: