Monday, June 1, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 41:3 - "The Smile on Your Face"


Last night before we prayed Doc made a comment about how he wished time could stop so the week ahead wouldn't happen. I thought about that during the night as he struggled with pain and was so uncomfortable. Sometimes I catch myself thinking how I wish it were pre-cancer days when he was 'normal' instead of spending most of his time in bed and/or in pain. I prayed during the night the week ahead would not be so terrible for him. I asked God to give him peace about the decision with chemo and once again asked Him to heal him while on this earth, sooner than later. As we watched a movie last night the song The Smile on Your Face came on. I can't remember whose wedding reception it was but I remember us dancing to this song and I fell in love all over again with my husband. I love the memories we have and I love the memories yet to be.

The smile on your face 
Lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes 
Saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand
Says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best 
When you say nothing at all

There was a verse in our Sunday School lesson yesterday that I cling to. David wrote about God's people in Psalm 41:3: When they are sick, God will restore them, lying upon their bed of suffering. He will raise them up again and restore them back to health. These are words of promise to me that Doc will be healed. I'm praying that healing is while he is on this earth. Yesterday I'm sure Allayna's family prayed the same thing but her healing was found in a new body in heaven. Why would God allow a vibrant twenty-four year old lady to die? Why would her family be put through such torture? I don't have the answers but I know Who does and that gives me comfort. When a loved one dies and we know they are with God for eternity, there is comfort and peace. Having a loved one leave us is so hard emotionally yet spiritually their death can have us stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in a stronger way than ever before. God is not a God of fear or chaos. He is a God that will empower us through whatever lies in the days ahead. The week ahead for Doc is one he doesn't want to go through but God continues to sustain us. I pray for him to have mental energy to complete things that need done with the building rehab. I also pray for God's strength to be so overwhelming to him this week. We do not know what is ahead but we do know Who does and that gives us comfort.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Doc being able to preach yesterday, eat some solids without too much pain, and be able to once again take a short walk outside! Thank You for loving us so greatly! Thank You for showering Your love and mercy over him in the week ahead! Father, continue to give him Your wisdom and strength. I continue to pray for his healing while on this earth, sooner than later. Father, I know nothing is impossible with You. I also know we desire Your will in every aspect of our life. Lord, I pray for You to cleanse me today so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for You to ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today more intentionally than ever before. Oh Father, my heart breaks for Trish and her family with Allayna's death. May they be surrounded by people who will shower them with Your love. May they find comfort in knowing Allayna has a new body and no longer dealing with diabetes. I praise You for the new life of little Levi to Shawnda and Ryan. I pray for them in the days ahead as they adjust to their new little guy. Lord, continue to be with our country with the coronavirus and now the protests/riots. May You be greater than the sin of this world. May You shine brightly through those who call You their Heavenly Father. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: