Wednesday, June 17, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Romans 12:1-3; Psalm 23:6 - "Good, Good Father"


This morning the Lord took me back to Romans 12 and added on Psalm 23. I read both in different translations and asked Him to reveal what He wanted me to ponder upon. He stopped me at the beginning of Romans 12 with the first two verses. 

So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. MSG

When we live in this manner, we will experience Psalm 23:4.

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me

     all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
    forever. NLT

I love when He gives me a passage in the Old Testament that ties into a passage in the New Testament! David and Paul were great men of the Bible. I love to read their writing. I gain insight into how I need to live; what happened many years ago; etc. I also draw closer to God as I read His Word. The Bible is the best book to read. It is one that will shape my life here on earth as I prepare to live for eternity with Him. God woke me up with the song Good, Good Father going through my mind. Oh my yes! He is the best Father! He love us greatly and loves to spoil us. There is part of it that goes:

Oh, and I've seen many searching for answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching
For answers only you provide
'Cause you know just what we need
Before we say a word

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

The answers to God are found in His Word. He gives us insight through Scripture. He loves us through Scripture. He pours Himself into us through Scripture. Plain and simple. Scripture is a key component of living the life He desires of us. When He gave me II Timothy 1:7 in April 2019, I thought it was because of a storm I was experiencing. I found out in May it was because of the storm of pancreatic cancer in Doc we began. 'Cause you know. just what we need is a statement I cannot deny in any sense. He loves us so much that He prepares us for things we are going to experience. His wisdom is so great because He knows our circumstances ahead of time. Wow, God! There is great truth in Scripture. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. We will be blessed as we embrace Him in our life. We will experience His love to the greatest extent as we allow Him to work in and through our lives. It is the best way to live.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for all the ways You spoil me! Thank You for providing what I need sometimes even before I even realize the need! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with Your love. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray for peace in Doc's physical body. I pray he will have a better day today than yesterday. I pray for clarity of mind as he goes to see the new oncologist. I am disappointed they changed back to no one being allowed in with the patient. Lord, be with both of us on this roller coaster with his health. He had 'good' days while Tim and Amy were here and I pray he has them for the visits ahead with Ben's family and Adam's family. I pray Your supernatural strength over him so he can function and eat as he did for a couple days. Lord, I also pray for Samantha's grandmother who is having surgery today; Robert DeYoung and his wife Naomi as she goes into Hospice care; my friend Mike with back pain; Craig and his family with the continued rehab from a stroke; Baby Finn and his family; Shari as she is on her own roller coaster ride with lung cancer; Paula Hinerman's family with her sudden death; and so many others who are going through tough days. Father, I pray especially for all believers to live out Romans 12:1-2 so we can experience Psalm 23:6. Thank You for being My Good, Good Father! Amen.


No comments: