Thursday, June 25, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 69; James 1:2-3 - "He Brought Me Out"

 

Last night before falling asleep I asked God to give me Scripture this morning that would speak clearly to me. He took me back to Psalm 69. David seems to lament a lot in his writing. It seems like he is constantly begging God to save him from his enemies. I thought about this for a bit and wondered if it was that he had a lot of enemies or was it that God used his circumstances to draw him closer to Him. I wonder if life was really as bad as David wrote about. I know days like yesterday are pretty tough to go through yet I also know God is with me. I think I cried more yesterday than I have since the cancer in Doc's pancreas began. I felt overwhelmed with sadness over the situation. I'm grateful for friends who encourage me greatly and for the knowledge people are praying for us. Did David have such encouragement? Did he have friends to turn to? Did he have the knowledge that God was with him through such times? In Psalm 69:20b David wrote, I looked in vain for one friendly face. Not one. I couldn’t find one shoulder to cry on. Where was his best friend Jonathan? Maybe he already had been killed by this time. Verses twenty-nine and thirty show me what I need to do on days such as yesterday.
I’m hurt and in pain;
Give me space for healing, and mountain air.
 Let me shout God’s name with a praising song,
Let me tell his greatness in a prayer of thanks.
Yes! I need to praise Him through the pain of days that are so overwhelming. I need to thank Him to being with me no matter what happens on this earth. James 1:2-3 tells me I need to be joyful in times when I am going through trials. It is through such times that my faith will grow. The only way for this to happen is for me to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in His love and empowerment. An old hymn in on my mind this morning...

He brought me out of the miry clay,
He set my feet on the Rock to stay;
He puts a song in my soul today,
A song of praise, hallelujah!

Yes! I will sing praises to Him no matter what happens in the day ahead. I will sing praises to Him that Doc got through the first night of having the pump. I will sing praises to Him that we have been given another day of life together! Plain and simple. I will sing praises to Him!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for empowering us through yesterday! Thank You for the example David gives to praise You through tough times! Thank You for the reminder of this hymn that we are to praise You! Thank You for getting Doc through the five hours of chemo yesterday and the first night with the pump! Thank You for being with us through these 'tough' days! Thank You for going before us today and guiding our steps! Thank You for the safe travel for Adam, Rachel, and Miss Aiya! Thank You for providing financially for us! Thank You for protecting the WPD and other agencies who assisted them last night! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude today in a new, different way. May Your love flow in and through me in a more intentional way. I pray for Raymond as he has surgery today. May he feel Your peace. I continue to pray for Shari as she awaits results. Thank You Jesus for being My Rock! Amen.

No comments: